Will the AT&T red GS3 be sold on Amazon Wireless?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
@Jontalk - Thanks! I don't know how I missed it.

Also, I know you've mentioned abt the lack of pinch to zoom in the stock email app on the GS3. Where exactly did you hear this? I haven't read abt this limitation anywhere else other than your posts on the AC forums. Do you have a link to a review or a video that tells you that you can't infact pinch and zoom in the stock email app on the GS3?

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Or is it AT&T exclusive only? If it does come to Amazon wireless, when do you guys think that will happen?

You should go to best buy mobile and get it. They'll price match Amazon wireless if the price is lower and they also have an awesome geek squad protection and you could also trade in your old phone if you don't have any other use for it. Love that place

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, from what I can tell the stock email app on the GS3 does not do pinch zooming, which sucks. However, I believe that K9 mail from the app store or maybe even the Gmail app may allow pinch zoom. One of the ATT reps I spoke with last week logged into one of his email accounts and it was pinch zooming, so I have a suspicion it has to do with the type of account.

Amazon as you know, is not discounting the garnet red GS3 which is odd. If you're a long time ATT customer with a good track record, I'd call customer service and see what you can negotiate. I LOVE the deal they're giving me on the red GS3 and it's FAR better than Amazon too! Also you should know that there's no guarantee that your current plan (if you have unltd data and 200 txt msgs like me) will be authorized to grandfather when you buy a device from a third party. At least that's what ATT told me. You have to request it, and they submit to mgmt for approval.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, from what I can tell the stock email app on the GS3 does not do pinch zooming, which sucks. However, I believe that K9 mail from the app store or maybe even the Gmail app may allow pinch zoom. One of the ATT reps I spoke with last week logged into one of his email accounts and it was pinch zooming, so I have a suspicion it has to do with the type of account.

Amazon as you know, is not discounting the garnet red GS3 which is odd. If you're a long time ATT customer with a good track record, I'd call customer service and see what you can negotiate. I LOVE the deal they're giving me on the red GS3 and it's FAR better than Amazon too! Also you should know that there's no guarantee that your current plan (if you have unltd data and 200 txt msgs like me) will be authorized to grandfather when you buy a device from a third party. At least that's what ATT told me. You have to request it, and they submit to mgmt for approval.

You have mentioned the great deal you are getting, may I inquire why they are doing this for you? You mentioned 50 percent? I know Amazon screwed up your last order so I am curious why AT&T is being so nice... I am jealous I must say.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered a garnet red GS3 today and paid $144 ($100 phone, $44 tax). no activation fee, and immediate credit of $44 to my service account for the tax. Net cost for phone: $100. No restocking fee if I decide not to keep the phone during the first 30 days either.

I am a LONG time ATT customer with few if any credits over all the years. If you call to get the same deal tell them Amazon sells their phones for less, no sales tax, etc.

What was also great was that I received an IMMEDIATE terms and conditions email where my current plan has already been grandfathered over to the new 2 year contract, rather than having to request it like you do when buying from a third party. I hear that sometimes Best Buy or others screw this up, and with Amazon, you have to request it when you call to activate. It also appears Amazon is selling the red phone but with NO DISCOUNT.

reno55

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I dont event want to tell you all how I got mine...lets just say AT&T had to be nuts that day because I got a once in a lifetime deal

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
COOL! I figured what I got is a MAJOR score given that normally it's $200 for the phone, $44 tax, and $38 for activation which is over $280. I have NO problem saving almost $200 :) And I couldn't even get the red one for $100 from Amazon even with all the credits they gave me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan