Just got the Plantronics Voyager HD Pro Bluetooh

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any thoughts? Hate it? Love it? Mini reviews?

Awesome battery life. Great sound and great noise cancelling. Best bluetooth headset I've ever owned and it allows me to disguise myself and listen to Pandora while at work :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Also the only style of headset that allows one to put on and take off glasses without disturbing the headset. I also find the sound quality, battery life, and noise canceling excellent. This is the third version of this style of Plantronics headset I have owned and they have all be excellent.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got it too. My only complaint so far is that I can't find the right ear bud to give me a good fit. I'm wanting it to be more "in ear" like a jabra type gel but can't get that kind of fit so external noise/wind affects the sound quite a bit. Other than that, it's fantastic. I'd love to find a 3rd party gel that's compatible with Plantronics but so far no luck.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any problems with voice dialing from the Voyager? Nothing happens for me but I think it worked originally.

ncmailman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had the pro+ and I have the new HD love them both, but sometimes when I answer a call with the HD earpiece it connects initially then it dis- connects and I have to press the headset button on the phone to reconnect the call. Any ideas of what to do?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any problems with voice dialing from the Voyager? Nothing happens for me but I think it worked originally.

If you are using S Voice don't. Hit the mic button on the google search widget.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm referring to using the call button on the headset. I press and hold for 2 secs and nothing happens. Doesn't even give me the option for svoice. Anyone else?

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
If you un-pair and re-pair the headset, a long press will bring up S Voice a few times and then it gets buggy again, like forcing you to hit the BT headset icon on the phone screen or it defaults to handset. I blame S Voice. Using the mic button is the best thing going unfortunately. Have you done the ATT update? I've heard that has had positive effects on peoples' BT experiences. I have not.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
That did the trick thanks. I've been trying out all the voice assistant apps and they all suck as bad or worse than SVoice. Google voice search always comes through.
I would really love to find a way to launch it directly from the headset.

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had the pro+ and I have the new HD love them both, but sometimes when I answer a call with the HD earpiece it connects initially then it dis- connects and I have to press the headset button on the phone to reconnect the call. Any ideas of what to do?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Un-pair the headset and re-pair it. It will get weird again after a while. When it does just repeat the process.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I notice that the sensor works great and phone calls transfer fine when putting on or taking off the headset but other audio doesn't. Podcasts or music always play through the headset. Anyone else? Any fix for this?

Mike Rodgers

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I love mine....however I just got a Samsung Galaxy SIII and it does not get along with S-Voice at all. S-Voice either won't stay on once launched or does not seem to hear anything if the Platronics blue tooth is on. S-voice is how the phone handles voice commands....the only way it seems. That means unless I find some settings that work I can't run voice commands with the Platronics Voyager Pro blued tooth with my Galaxy SIII.

That truly sucks.

Mike Rodgers

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
See below. I discovered that S-Voice on my Galaxt SIII pretty much doesn't work if the Platronics Voyager blue tooth is turned on. I two. A Voyager...and a Voyager Pro. If either one is on S-Voice won't work and there no voice commands.

Mike Rodgers

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
=Mike Rodgers;2465872]See below. I discovered that S-Voice on my Galaxt SIII pretty much doesn't work if the Platronics Voyager blue tooth is turned on. I two. A Voyager...and a Voyager Pro. If either one is on S-Voice won't work and there no voice commands.

PS: I think I may have something to fix the issue with S-voice when using the Platronics Voyager or Voyager Pro. Need more time to see if this is a permanent fix but this is it.

On the Galaxy S3 : Settings - Language & input . Under the heading Speech touch Vioce recognizer - set it to Samsung powered by Vlingo and NOT the Google Voice recognizer.

I'll try this for a while and see if the fix holds.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
If you go into: settings - application manager. Go to S Voice and disable it. The long press on the button of your headset should activate the Google now, voice commands. I did that on my phone with my Jawbone era and it works beautifully for vice falling. Texting via voice works but you have to hit send to send the message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol