Is it likely I could sell a cracked s3 ?

vegasneon

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
After my first S3 died and I got a replacement, within 48 hours the screen cracked. I didnt drop it- I kept it in a padded sleeve and babied it. Now I seriously hate this thing. AT&T wants another $199 deductible to exchange it- I already paid $199 for it.

So is it likely anyone that tinkers with this stuff would want to buy a cracked fully functional one? Where would be the best place to sell it? Ebay?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Smiles,
Rebecca :(

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I checked a repair store for just the glass, 250$. :eek: Myself personally, I'd rather pay 199$ than 250 and the "maybe" of ebay. How did it crack though, if you don't mind me asking?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Pay the deductible and get a OB Defender case. Also, don't walk under any ladders. Don't let a black cat cross your path. Don't step on any cracks.

vegasneon

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm not paying another $199 for a phone that cracks when barely touched. I refuse to spend any more money on it.

I was asking advice about SELLING it.

Thanks anyway,
Rebecca

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
You could probably sell it with the cracked screen on ebay or craigslist. An easier way to sell it would be to pay the $200 to replace it and then you have a brand new one that you can sell.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm not paying another $199 for a phone that cracks when barely touched. I refuse to spend any more money on it.

Thanks anyway,
Rebecca

I think you're overstating a bit. I've dropped mine twice screen down on a cement floor from about 4 feet and the only damage was to my slim case. I don't have a screen protector and the OEM thin twin pack case isn't exactly protective.

I have no doubt it cracked, but I will raise my eyebrow at "cracks when barely touched".

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2

vegasneon

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I think you're overstating a bit. I've dropped mine twice screen down on a cement floor from about 4 feet and the only damage was to my slim case. I don't have a screen protector and the OEM thin twin pack case isn't exactly protective.

I have no doubt it cracked, but I will raise my eyebrow at "cracks when barely touched".

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S3 and Tapatalk 2

Ok, more accurately it cracked with no reason! I babied it because I wanted it to be in perfect condition if I decided to return it within my 30 days like I had to do with the FIRST one which after 10 days wouldnt charge or turn on. This phone has never been dropped and has been kept in a padded carrier when it wasnt in my hands. The first one I dropped on a tile floor without even a knick but there is no explaination for why this one cracked.
I'm not trying to be a hater- the first one sucked and died, this one did everything right that the other one did wrong and then cracked in just under 48 hours. I've had cell phones since the mid 90s and never had a phone get damaged. I would love the phone if it werent cracked. I have never had a lemon of a phone before but somehow I got 2 bad ones with the Samsung s3.

Luckily I can get another upgrade phone in a couple months on my other phone number. It wont be an s3.

Rebecca

Terminator91

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
And how, pray tell, did the phone "spontaneously" crack?

If I were you, i'd rather pay to get a screen replacement or get it repaired and try and sell for like $500 bucks. No one in their right mind would pay you more than $150 for a cracked phone, even if they know they could repair it for less than it would cost to get a new one.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You would be surptised I bet u can sell it on eBay for about $200
As long as it works, it can be sold for a decent price, even if the screen is cracked. Hopefully it isnt cracked too much

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
You would be surptised I bet u can sell it on eBay for about $200
As long as it works, it can be sold for a decent price, even if the screen is cracked. Hopefully it isnt cracked too much
LOL . . um, mocan & smoothy, doesn't look like this threads author has posted on this thread since 9 Aug. ;)

Rebecca, if you do read this thread again . . .what did you end up doing? The S3's are going for .96 cents this T-Day weekend, so hopefully, if AT&T gave you no satisfaction, you've waited 'til now when you can get one on the cheap. Let us know how things turned-out, if you ever read this again. ;)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
LOL . . um, mocan & smoothy, doesn't look like this threads author has posted on this thread since 9 Aug. ;)

Rebecca, if you do read this thread again . . .what did you end up doing? The S3's are going for .96 cents this T-Day weekend, so hopefully, if AT&T gave you no satisfaction, you've waited 'til now when you can get one on the cheap. Let us know how things turned-out, if you ever read this again. ;)

LOL! I just realized that...I didn't even check I just answered the question

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

$.96 is only for new contracts though, not off contract price.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks anyway,
Rebecca

Well here's your advice if you insist on selling it......... List it for $50. No one will want a device that is cracked unless they can still get it repaired for far less than it's worth. Because it's a hassle to take it in.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance