4th Day cracked screen..

Milkman333

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I need suggestions or advice... got my SG3 last Sunday. Absolutely love it.
I didn't buy insurance and today at work I pulled it out & fell to the floor and sure enough... cracked screen.

I'm with AT&T. Should I see where I purchased it from see what they can do or should I get insurance, wait a few days then report it?

Please help with some advice

BlakeGates

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I would advise to immediately get insurance, wait a couple days then report the damage. You're still looking at $100-150 deductible though. The store won't be able to do anything for you.

Sent from my ICS loaded Samsung G S II E4GT

BlakeGates

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay my bad....

Too bad for you. Should've purchased insurance when you bought the phone (even though they give you 30 days after purchase to do so). Guess you gotta cough up 500 bucks for a new one.

Lol

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, he has 30 days to enact insurance. I too would simply add the insurance, wait a few days then file a claim. The deductible is $199 and they only replace the phone 2 times max.

Rev.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Whenever you get a replacement, get an OB Defender. GG2 is still glass not transparent aluminum. It is just less lkely to scratch or crack. Considering the millions of GS3's, there are going to be a few lemons.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Get the insurance. I have gotten the insurance even when I had to go to a third party insurance. It's like any insurance. You hope that you never need it. It's great when you do. $199>>>>>>>>$599:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I need suggestions or advice... got my SG3 last Sunday. Absolutely love it.
I didn't buy insurance and today at work I pulled it out & fell to the floor and sure enough... cracked screen.

I'm with AT&T. Should I see where I purchased it from see what they can do or should I get insurance, wait a few days then report it?

Please help with some advice

Im a manager at best buy mobile and Ive had many many customers with the same issue always get a protection plan even if you think you're not going to need it.

Also our geek squad protections covers all types of accidental damage w/ no deductible :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Milkman333

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, he has 30 days to enact insurance. I too would simply add the insurance, wait a few days then file a claim. The deductible is $199 and they only replace the phone 2 times max.

At this point... this is the way I'm gonna have to go. I have no choice whatsoever!

Rev.

Whenever you get a replacement, get an OB Defender. GG2 is still glass not transparent aluminum. It is just less lkely to scratch or crack. Considering the millions of GS3's, there are going to be a few lemons.

I'll definitely check this case out ESPECIALLY after this incident! I'll check in the accessories thread section and see what kinda cases do the job!

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'll definitely check this case out ESPECIALLY after this incident! I'll check in the accessories thread section and see what kinda cases do the job!

Otterbox Defender should be all you'll ever need tbh. Mine's in one and I'm way less anxious now. It's a super duty tough case.:cool:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
There are a couple of review threads in the AT&T accessories forum.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay my bad....

Too bad for you. Should've purchased insurance when you bought the phone (even though they give you 30 days after purchase to do so). Guess you gotta cough up 500 bucks for a new one.

Lol

They don't expect you to commit fraud and buy insurance AFTER the phone is damaged. The fraud raises mt insurance rats! It is very sad that individuals have such low self respect to even think of this.

BlakeGates

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
It raises your rates? Are you serious? Have you ever even did a phone claim through Asurion or other insurance carrier? They don't ask you a damn thing about your device, as long as you're willing to pay a deductible, they will send you another device.

Lmao.... We're not talking about health or car insurance here buddy. Calm down, it's not that damn serious. Nor is it raising your phone insurance rates. Hahaha cracks me up everytime.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Get a case after you get it replaced or repaired! I think the OtterBox Defender case would serve you well! Otherwise most phones today can not take that much of a beating it seems. I still love my S3!

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You can always get an otterbox commuter. Thinner than the defender and do a great job. My last three phones have all had commuters. For me usually the case break and otterbox warrenties them. No broken phones yet.

Kimberly Boals

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
You have 30 days to get insurance. I dont see why some people are throwing a fit over it.

So you wouldnt do the same thing if you were in the same postion!

sigmamason

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
You can contact Samsung. It will be about $178 or so to replace the screen. About a 2 week turnaround. Just did the same with my gs3

Milkman333

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You can always get an otterbox commuter. Thinner than the defender and do a great job. My last three phones have all had commuters. For me usually the case break and otterbox warrenties them. No broken phones yet.

So i got the Otterbox Commuter case... it's ... looks wise it isn't the best... protection wise looks pretty darn good! I'll keep it and try it out for a few days

Scythe55

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Rev.

$199? You can buy the damn thing for $199. What's the monthly insurance charge for? The privilege of paying exactly what you paid for it the first time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles