MMS issue posible fix

casper5090

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I have been having issues sending MMS messages after I switched the APN to use HSPA+ as that was getting the same speed as my 4g connection. What I just found out is that I haven't been able to send / recieve MMS properly they will just try to send but not go through. In looking at the APN ( Go to settings -> more settings -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names) The stock one from AT&T showing as AT&T PTA when clicking on it. I've noticed several ports and other settings. A few go as followed
MMSC:
Http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxyy:
proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port:
when looking at my HSPA+ connection all I have is the APN name, all other fields are left blank. I haven't yet tried to add those settings from the 4g to the HSPA+.

Using my 4g works without issue. I guess what I am saying here is if you are having issues with sending text or even MMS check your settings. I am a bit new at this so I could be way off.
Please let me know if anyone tries these settings and they work. I may give it a go

so I found the settings and these seem to work no problem.
AT&T -
Internet Settings MMS Settings
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: [Leave Blank]
Port: [Leave Blank]
Username: I did not use this although if asked I can post it
Password: I didnt use this although if asked I can post it
Server: [Leave Blank] MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MMS Protocol: [Leave Blank]
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

Last edited:

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I've only noticed that people I send an mms to will not get the pic if I barely have any bars but when its full bars I get no complaints,so far it kind of sounds like an hit an miss with mms which is why I haven't used it much.This will be something I'll bring up when I make an call to At&t as I change parts of my plan tomorrow.So are you changing the settings while in access points or is that what you get while on hspa+

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante