03-10-2018 12:30 PM
75 123
tools
    it has called 2 people on its own. the S voice has turned itself on twice.
    Perhaps your phone likes to talk to those two people without you listening in?

Does it appear that this is inadvertent **** dialing or that S Voice is making the calls?
    Do you use S Voice for anything? If not you can simply disable it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    05-17-2014 12:40 PM
    i do not us S voice for anything. and the people it called was the two people that i text the most! but on the upside since i have tried everything possible i traded it in for a galaxy S5 so far not having any problems. when the lady was trying to reset the phone it keep going to all different things before it would let us press the erase everything button. so i glad i don't have it anymore.
    05-17-2014 03:45 PM
    My Android phone started doing this today. When I go to Manage Applications - All, at the very bottom there is an Android icon for an app that has nothing but Chinese characters for the app name, 4KB. When I select it and check its permissions, it appears to have every possible permission - directly call phone numbers, receive text messages, take pictures, record audio, etc. etc., modify contact list, erase SD card, a very long list. Anybody know what this app is? I'm wondering if there's malware on my phone dialing out randomly and capable of doing even worse things.
    05-21-2014 08:03 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    When I go to Manage Applications - All, at the very bottom there is an Android icon for an app that has nothing but Chinese characters for the app name, 4KB. When I select it and check its permissions, it appears to have every possible permission - directly call phone numbers, receive text messages, take pictures, record audio, etc. etc., modify contact list, erase SD card, a very long list.
    Perhaps you should backup anything important using the Kies software on your computer and then perform a Factory Reset?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    05-24-2014 07:08 PM
    Mine did this last night; auto-called 9 people in under 10 minutes at 6am. So embarrassing. Some of the people it was a 10 second call, others were over 2 minutes so it was just the background of my kitchen on their voicemail! One was a friend in Alaska, so it was 2am there (I'm in Indiana). It was playing a video when I woke up. It had also downloaded a few apps. This was all because it was hooked to a junk charger. These junk chargers make phone act strange. If you don't have full access to your phone while it's charging, you need a new charger. This charger freezes the screen or just jumps all over as if I were pressing the screen.
    letrybledsoe likes this.
    10-08-2014 09:01 AM
    Thank you thank you thank you. this has made me hate my S5 since the day I got it. I make at least one unintended phone call a day.
    11-10-2014 06:56 AM
    Same thing just happened to me
    01-02-2015 11:32 AM
    It could be apps that have special permissions, decline the permissions that control calling, if that doesn't work contact your carrier.
    04-01-2015 02:25 PM
    Turning og motion worked for me thanks
    06-17-2015 08:42 PM
    my phone does that all the time (calls people on it's own) but that's not what concerns me. My phone also does things like for instance when I'm on speaker phone not touching anything the it dials 666 or 6667 or 999 by itself. A little freaky. I also get odd calls with what sounds like back words breathing and odd noises in background like tapping and water. It does not sound like normal human breathing. BTW there is no number attached. It normally cuts in when I'm already talking to someone else and they have heard it as well and just yesterday I had 2 messages like that left on my phone. I cannot tell where the calls came from.
    06-24-2015 11:54 AM
    I just had the same type thing happen on my Android. It was dying, so plugged it in (a generic charger..) and I was trying to text. It was flashing and acting odd, and taking pictures, and calling people..all on its own..and my text was gobbledegook, and couldnt correct it. Even though I;ve used it while charging before, it seems the problem was the fact it was plugged in and charging. It seems to be OK now.
    07-17-2015 07:34 PM
    Mini S4 (will also post in Verizon forum) does the same thing... every day. By its darn stickin' self! I had some one tell me "impossible"... did the typical 'text message', closed it... put it down on a desk several feet away from me... within two minutes without (!) being touched, it started to dial the person I texted... lousy phone.
    08-11-2015 08:41 AM
    My Galaxy S5 Active has been doing the same thing. Resetting it to the factory default corrected the problem for a few months, but it recently started doing it again. To be clear, it is not pocket dialing. It is dialing numbers while sitting untouched upon a flat surface.
    08-31-2015 01:26 PM
    This also happens to me, but I have a HTC1X. Would you know how to solve this problem? This has been happening since the past month. I would think that I accidentally pressed something, but I didn't. By the way I don't have the finger gesture on. As well one time I had my phone in my hand while I was on social media, but then it started to call my family members. Is this is a glitch or something? This usually happens 1-4 times depending on how many times I check my phone.
    10-22-2015 02:52 AM
    We went with the LG G3 as our phone choice but these phones when sending a text will dial the person instead. Can't figure out the why or how of it but you type the text press send. The phone starts to ring and the person to who you have sent a text is answering and the dial pad comes up. Yes you have the option to call someone within the text message but the phone symbol is on the upper right hand side. The send text button is above the keyboard so it is not an inadvertent click. It is happening on its own.
    11-05-2015 02:03 AM
    Same problem on my Samsung Note3. Uninstall Skype app and remove your mobile number from your Skype caller ID profile. Worked for me.
    11-05-2015 02:52 PM
    No. Did you had headphone plugged in? Coz ther is an new virus that can send radio waves to command a phone from pretty far... i had this on the train. Surfed to malware sites from itselve... stupid viruses
    samuelocha likes this.
    11-09-2015 10:55 AM
    The last week or so my phone keeps calling people on its own and has been acting weird anyone else have this problem? I have had this phone for about a month and have had no problems until this past week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    I also have the same problem my samsung galaxy A5 keeps calling poeople from defrent country on its own.
    11-23-2015 05:13 AM
    My Galaxy Edge S6 does this at least once a day, it also takes screen shots by itself. Usually when it is in my pocket and I'm listening to music on my headphones.

I have gestures and all the call back type features disabled, it's not even calling the last contact viewed or anything like that.

It even dialled my ex-wife once!

What with the stupid volume warning bug and inability to stop reminders repeating, I'm so regretting buying an Android phone.
    12-20-2015 04:32 AM
    Same thing happened to me in IPhone I was not near it my home phone rung and I went to answer it I missed the call but it was my mobile number. Today it did not ring but I saw it on the " missed" callsv! weird!!
    03-19-2016 11:26 PM
    Sounds Scary
    03-19-2016 11:29 PM
    I have the same thing... even when im charging it it was calling my dad...

I have a Sony e4 or something like that... could it be a virus? and if so, how to fix it?
    07-22-2016 06:04 AM
    I have the galaxy 7 and I cannot find where you guys are finding the motion in settings? I have always had an Iphone and tried this one since it has such a good camera. Regretting it already. If I am texting someone sometimes it calls them.
    08-04-2016 01:50 PM
    The last week or so my phone keeps calling people on its own and has been acting weird anyone else have this problem? I have had this phone for about a month and have had no problems until this past week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Yes this happens to me all the time, even when the phone is locked. Also Facebook Messenger Phone calls & messages/likd I did not write or paste being sent to multiple people inside my Messenger app.
    08-08-2016 08:16 AM
    I have been having this exact problem with my Note 4. Actually today my phone called my wife while the phone was completely unattended and charging. I am replying to this because I was looking for someone who was having the same issues.
    08-09-2016 07:59 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD