Text Message Preview in Notification Bar

freudenfahrer

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
On my previous phone, when I would receive a text message, Handcent or Go SMS, whichever I was using at the time since I swicthed between them frequently, would light up the screen and the text message would show in the status bar, and then the screen would turn off. On the Galaxy S III, the screen lights up, but the message doesn't show in the bar, just the notification icon. Is there a way to get the text to show in the notification bar?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I know if I go into my settings then privacy there is a option to have text messages display the message at the top of ur bar or even pop up on the lock screen. I prefer to have mine not show up due to different texts that I wouldn't want being seen if someone should see the text come through. Maybe this will help.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh and if u go into your actual text messaging and hit settings you can also from there select to have it preview the message with the notification or not also. I'm sure if u use hand cent or another service it will be in the options or settings of the client.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

freudenfahrer

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just checked, and it apparently will show the message in the bar, but only if the phone is unlocked. Anyone know if you can get it to do it with the screen locked?

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Depends on the lock screen. Using just Swipe it will show. Using a Password or Pattern lock it will not as it would defeat the purpose of the lock.

dishydolly69

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
On my previous phone, when I would receive a text message, Handcent or Go SMS, whichever I was using at the time since I swicthed between them frequently, would light up the screen and the text message would show in the status bar, and then the screen would turn off. On the Galaxy S III, the screen lights up, but the message doesn't show in the bar, just the notification icon. Is there a way to get the text to show in the notification bar?

In setting you have to go to sounds and notifications. If u scroll down to notification in lock screen. ..u can turn it off there. .hope this helps

Justin Spamoglia

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem. After doing a reset, the messages were not previewing. After a lot of searching I found how to resolve text preview showing or not. Here is what I found that allowed me to see the text previews. ;)

From home screen open Messaging
Tap the Menu key
Select Settings
Scroll down to Notification settings
Select to show preview or not

ILove_Hondas

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I have the ZTE max duo. And it just shows the little message box I want the preview while my phone is unlocked and I can't find how to turn it on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20