How to get rid of "at&t" on the top left had corner

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
From what I have seen you might be able to get StatusBar+ to make it disappear as well as customize the Status Bar the way you would like. I sincerely doubt there is a setting to make it go away as it is part of AT&T's branding on the phone. I guess you could try and find the standard ROM from Samsung which contains no carrier stuff and/or branding.

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine shows for a few seconds then disappears. Same thing happens with touchwiz and nova launcher.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

gtlegendz

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have nova launcher but, but the "at&t" still appears to show up all the time on the top left hand. Any way to get rid of it perminentaly.

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have nova launcher but, but the "at&t" still appears to show up all the time on the top left hand. Any way to get rid of it perminentaly.

Buy the unlocked International version or install a custom ROM are the two most straight forward ways to do that.

AT&T has discounted this phone to attract customers and they want to advertise that phone came from them. I suspect the other carriers do the same. You bought it from AT&T so you could get the $149-199 price right? For that price they get some rights to advertise.

On a side note why is this so important to you?

Mike

gtlegendz

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Im coming from galaxy nexus from verizon and im used to that status bar and now to see "at&t" it annoys me. I tried to delete all the bloatware one by one hopeing i would have got rid of it but its still there.

cputoys

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I tried to delete all the bloatware one by one hopeing i would have got rid of it but its still there.

which programs did you delete and how? I tried to get rid of "chat on" but don't see it as installed in google play. where do i find this? will X-plore file explorer or some other utility work? Loving the phone, 10 days into it. :)

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
which programs did you delete and how? I tried to get rid of "chat on" but don't see it as installed in google play. where do i find this? will X-plore file explorer or some other utility work? Loving the phone, 10 days into it. :)

Go to setting>application manager then disable all the ones you don't want.

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
@OP

I have a stock, unrooted SIII. I use the Apex launcher. That AT&T logo appears for a few seconds when turning the phone on, then it disappears. Not sure if it's an APEX thing or stock behaviour.

Compared to the carrier crap my wife's skyrocket came with, I have found the SIII to be relatively bloat free. Overall, the best part of ICS is the ability to disable apps.

gtlegendz

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
My att logo only goes away when i have other notifications:(
I want it gone for good

dmmattix

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I went to straight talk now it says "home" instead of att.

That tells me that it is probably getting it from the tower signal or the SIM card itself. If that is the case then it is probably going to be very difficult to get off without using something like StraightTalk. Did you get this phone from AT&T as part of a contract or did you pay the $550 to get it without a contract?

Mike

wickedcontra

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
550 without contract. Att is so bad to new customers. i had to use one of my friends number to get this phone. They would not sell it to me with out a plan, even if I payed the 550.

The1Metallian

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Since nobody bothered to reply to you, I will tell you why it's important at least to me. Not sure if you're still tracking this discussion, but anyway... I have so much stuff on the notification bar that it gets to a point in which nothing else fits, and different from what other users are reporting, the AT&T doesn't go away (and if it does it's replaced by a plus sign inside an arrow) and then some notifications like a pending message are dropped out due to lack of space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital