What apps did you disable...

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
So just picked up the Red S3 on AT&T. Switched over from Verizon.

Out of the string of apps installed, which do you guys disable/what is safe to disable?

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I have disabled so far..

As well as

ATT Messages
Device Help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Settings>application manager>tap the app and disable. They will then show up at the bottom of the list as disabled.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
What is the advantage of disabling an app?

Frees up system ram and saves on battery use. Just like ur pc there is no point in having apps running if u r never going to use them. I do wish we were able to actually un install them, and but that's where root comes in I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

c-loo

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I disabled S Voice after reading a thread about this same subject. It made a big difference on my battery life. I tried it a few times, and it was terrible.

D

Deleted member 915426

Quick question regarding this. I was able to disable ATT Navigator fine. However that seems to be the only one that had "Disable" as an option that I have looked at. The rest that I have tried to disable all have "Uninstall Updates" instead of a "Disable" button.

MachoDonut

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Quick question regarding this. I was able to disable ATT Navigator fine. However that seems to be the only one that had "Disable" as an option that I have looked at. The rest that I have tried to disable all have "Uninstall Updates" instead of a "Disable" button.

You need to uninstall the updates first and then the button will change to "Disable".

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Uninstall then disable. I

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Just means you need to uninstall update first then u can disable them...most of them that is.

Edit

Oops sorry didn't see the other replies already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair