Wow.. LTE speed is serious!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Wow.. for the first time since I got my GS3 about two weeks ago, I noticed today while in Sausalito that there was an LTE under the 4G icon in bar at the top of the phone. So I ran a speed test and low and behold I got 37.3 mbps down and 12.1 mbps upstream..

First time I've had any LTE and man it just screams!! I can't wait until ATT rolls out some more towers in Marin county. And I didn't notice any appreciable battery drain during the hour or two I was there..

Just wanted to post how remarkable this phone is along with the speed. Cheers!!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
ATT says they are putting up some more LTE towers in my area in Dec and can hardly wait.

Meantime, the copy/paste function on this phone does not seem to work. And yes, I've read the threads about it, but the phone doesn't paste anything that's copied. Am going to chat with Sammy support to see what's up with this.

caddy93

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
LTE isn't all roses and lollipops... I bought the GS3 as soon as I moved to Bloomington, IN, which has LTE everywhere. It's so fast, that I found myself completely avoiding the free wifi that's almost everywhere, simply because the LTE is faster! And of course I've hit my data limit two months in a row:eek:. But in all honest LTE is incredible.

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site
LTE isn't all roses and lollipops... I bought the GS3 as soon as I moved to Bloomington, IN, which has LTE everywhere. It's so fast, that I found myself completely avoiding the free wifi that's almost everywhere, simply because the LTE is faster! And of course I've hit my data limit two months in a row:eek:. But in all honest LTE is incredible.

Well at least your not getting hacked on some unsecured hotspot.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed lte in Modesto California. Its been there a little bit over by the freeway but never in the middle if town. I knew it was coming by the end of summer so it looks like its on time. I pulled 17.53 with three bars. That way better then the 4g on Verizon that I was seeing when I had my nexus. Never got about 10 with five bars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
You'll probably get much faster speeds when closer to the tower. Am not exactly sure where the tower is in Sausalito, though my first test was close to 20. Then when I got in my car, which must have been closer, I got over 37 down and over 12 up. In comparison just about 6 or more miles North, and very close to a corp ATT store, I can barely get 3 down and less than 1 up. And that really stinks for HSPA+. Just have to be patient since ATT has said we'll have many more LTE towers the end of the year and first quarter next year.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the unlimited data when I got the iPhone 3G 4 years ago, so it was grandfathered over along with my $5/ 200 text message plan as well. This on top of just an unbelievable deal I cut with ATT for the GS3 made it a no brainer.. I don't even want to tell you folks what I paid for the phone, and they also waived the activation fee and credited my service account for the CA sales tax ($44) on top of everything else! Now if they'd just get some better data towers up around here I'd be even happier, LOL

MrpicC

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I just cancelled my Sprint contract yesterday after only 11 months because of its abysmal service in NYC area and picked this s3 bad boy up.
60ef7ce5-26c3-1aa2.jpg

These speeds are freaking sick!
On another note i Fully bricked my epic touch while installing a jelly bean rom which sucks but in the end s3 ftw :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I get about 10Mbs-13Mbs Down,and 6-8 Up. Pretty happy with these speeds expecially as speeds i get in my home. :D I grt about 3bars at home and where i get 5 when im out and about i usually get somewhere in the 20ies for down and 10's for up. Glad i jumped on the at&t boat b4 i sunk on the sprint one lol. :p

Sent from my S3:)