Thinkin' of giving the s3 a try.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Im a current htc one x owner whos limping cause of being limmited to 10Gb on the phone. You guys here on the s3 forum like your s3.? Any problems you have run into with the s3.? All i have on the one x is a once in a while flashing screen and the resetting of apps. Anyone unhappy with their s3.?
This is towards the AT&T s3,not the international.

Sent from my super awe-esome Htc one x:)

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine when they were released, and love it. I use two phones, a windows phone samsung focus s and the galaxy s3 in white. I find myself using the s3 a little more just because of the widgets and some of the apps i use are on android and not windows phone, yet.

I have the 16gb model with a 32gb sd card. ICS doesn't allow for installing apps to the sd card which means if you are going heavy on them, the internal memory will fill up quickly. But, on the other hand, if you use fewer apps and more media, then you will be fine. The 2gb of ram is awesome in the sense that you can run plenty of apps at one time and "multitask".

I personally have had no issues with mine. Some have complained that the glass is easily scratched, but just the same, i have not had one scratch on mine since i got it and i use it everyday. I have it in a semi clear belkin tpu case and it is not slippery in my hand, and all sides of the device are covered except for the front glass which i keep naked.

The only gripe i have is when it is in my pocket, if the home button on the front is pressed, it powers on the screen, and i have found no setting that allows to turn this feature off (i am not rooted). So sometimes when i take it out of my pocket, it is warm and the battery can be drained a bit.

Other than that, it is a wonderful phone, in my opinion. I may give it up though when i see the note 2, though. ;)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine since June21st. I have the 16 GB Pebble Blue with a 64 GB micro sdxc Class 10 card and encased in an OB Defender case. Being a former RIM owner, I was stuck between the GS3 and the HOX. I watched a number of comparison videos on Heels and Tech, PhoneArena, Mobile Tech Review, Android Authority and Phonedog. At the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference.

I like the fact that the TouchWiz skin seemed to focus more on the user experience. Then, there is Smart Stay, SVoice, and Video Pop out. It seemed like multi-tasking was much easier. It has the removable battery and expandable memory not to mention 2 GB of RAM. The screen size is marginally larger and camera functionality and options seemed better on the GS3. If you prefer performance and speed over appearance, then the GS3 is for you. Browsing and multi-tasking at the same time did not appear affect performance.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I had an S3, but it had so many problems. I guess I was unlucky enough to get a bad unit. Ended up trading it in for a HOX, but now I'm saving up to get it by Christmas :D. It's an awesome phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
It is the best phone I've owned and I've owned many with different operating systems. It feels great in the hand and handles all functions and tasks very well. As with any phone, it comes down to personal preference. I have no complaints with this phone.

imtoomuch

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
It's awesome. But TouchWiz is not good. Vanilla is better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for just over a month now after owning an iPhone 3G for 4 years.. I could never go back to Apple or a phone with a smaller screen, and I like Touch Wiz, too. The device is very fast, smooth and mine has been problem free. Love the garnet red color even though I have it wrapped in an Acase Super Legerra dual case. Highly recommended.

imtoomuch

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine for just over a month now after owning an iPhone 3G for 4 years.. I could never go back to Apple or a phone with a smaller screen, and I like Touch Wiz, too. The device is very fast, smooth and mine has been problem free. Love the garnet red color even though I have it wrapped in an Acase Super Legerra dual case. Highly recommended.

Off topic: I love the avatar. Max Headroom was the man!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey,you guys i gotta question. If im still in my 1st month period can i trade in my one x for the s3.? I dont really know how that works.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
As long as it's within 30 days, you should be able to switch. Buyer's remorse is only usable ONCE, so choose wisely.

EDIT: This is how it went when I traded my S3 for a HOX. I went in the store, complained about my S3, and asked to exchange for a HOX. I got $199.99 credit for returning the phone, and had to pay $35 restocking fee and upgrade price for the HOX ($99). I ended up having $75 left over, and had that returned to my card. I'm guessing that AT&T will give you the $199 credit for your HOX if you bought it before the price drop. If not, then you'll be handing over about $135 ($99 taken off for trading in HOX, then $35 for restocking.) And thanks :D sort of just came to me today...

Friend: Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Me: Nah, it's just my HTC One X.

Last edited:

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So wait,if i take my one x and ask for a sgs3 do i have to pay $200 or pay the difference from that and the 110 i paid for my one x.? So like $90.?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you are on AT&T, don't you have to pay a $35 re-stock fee?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you pay the difference. This is the equation for it (not rounded, these are the numbers used in store):

HOX price: $99.99
SG3 price: $199.99
Restocking fee: $35

Trade in HOX, subtract $99.99. So far, that would be $99.99 that would be refunded to you. Add SG3, $199.99. The $99.99 from HOX is deducted, so at this point you'll pay $100. Add the stocking fee, and that'll mean you have to pay $135.

+199.99
+35
----------
$135

That's how it went for me, except it was reversed (SG3 for HOX). Hopefully this helps! And if you do jump ship, I hope your SG3 isn't defective like mine was :D

scottsglock17

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you pay the difference. This is the equation for it (not rounded, these are the numbers used in store):

HOX price: $99.99
SG3 price: $199.99
Restocking fee: $35

Trade in HOX, subtract $99.99. So far, that would be $99.99 that would be refunded to you. Add SG3, $199.99. The $99.99 from HOX is deducted, so at this point you'll pay $100. Add the stocking fee, and that'll mean you have to pay $135.

+199.99
+35
----------
$135

That's how it went for me, except it was reversed (SG3 for HOX). Hopefully this helps! And if you do jump ship, I hope your SG3 isn't defective like mine was :D

Call AT&T (not a local store - the 800 number) and ask them to reverse the $35 re-stocking fee. I have tried that in the past and have had the $35 credited back to my account. Just be nice and explain that you felt that you had a defective phone and instead of taking a chance on the same phone; you wanted to try a different one. Good luck.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Call AT&T (not a local store - the 800 number) and ask them to reverse the $35 re-stocking fee. I have tried that in the past and have had the $35 credited back to my account. Just be nice and explain that you felt that you had a defective phone and instead of taking a chance on the same phone; you wanted to try a different one. Good luck.

Unless his phone is truly defective, then that's probably just downright lying. While I understand saving a couple of bucks is important in this economy, lying is just wrong.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey