Apple is stupid!

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone read the article about the A6 chip inside the new IPhone? It's made by Samsung! So they national sued the company who developed the chip inside your new flagship phone? And you want to ban that manufacturer's flagship phone? Makes you wonder what direction Apple will go in without Jobs...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
It's not made by Samsung... It's made in the same 32nm LP HK+MG process architecture as Samsung chip sets but in reality no one in the market has a chip quite like it.. The A6 chips are apple made and designed. It's running two ARM cortex A15 cores. Great great processor and I'm a gsIII guy and I can honestly say that Apple beat Samsung and TI to bringing the A15s to the market

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone read the article about the A6 chip inside the new IPhone? It's made by Samsung! So they national sued the company who developed the chip inside your new flagship phone? And you want to ban that manufacturer's flagship phone? Makes you wonder what direction Apple will go in without Jobs...

Do you have any idea how businesses work? Samsung has gone on record saying that they want to keep their handset and chip making business separate and not let the recent lawsuit and $1B fine affect their relationship with Apple because they make billions of dollars every year supplying components to Apple for the iPhone. The two Samsung business entities work almost like two independent companies and have nothing to do with each other.

Last edited:

agentmobile

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any idea how businesses work? Samsung has gone on record saying that they want to keep their handset and chip making business separate and not let the recent lawsuit and $1B fine affect their relationship with Apple because they make billions of dollars every year supplying components to Apple for the iPhone. The two Samsung business entities work almost like two independent companies and have nothing to do with each other.

Yes exactly. Samsung and Apple make a lot of money together in that way.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Did Apple sue Samsung Galaxy SIII or they just sue Samsung the entity? You can't sue a division or product line only the entity itself...e.g. Apple is ed!

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Who cares who it's made by. Why are you people so caught up in this crap. Get over it.

No one cares who it's made by...you are correct! But frivolous lawsuits between two mega powers that not only make no sense but clog up our court systems and cost tax payers money and consumers money! I care about that! Especially two multibillion dollar companies passing 20 dollar bills between them causing uproar...with Samsung and Apple laughing all the way to the bank

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Fabless manufacturing.

Apple designs the chip they want. They pass that on to a company with an established foundry to produce their design - the cost for Apple (or anyone else) to build and establish one is too expensive.

Last edited:

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
It's not made by Samsung... It's made in the same 32nm LP HK+MG process architecture as Samsung chip sets but in reality no one in the market has a chip quite like it.. The A6 chips are apple made and designed.

Apple designed yes but not Apple made. I just checked the A6 wiki and it too says it's made by Samsung. Apple doesn't have the facilities currently in place to churn out millions of microprocessors themselves.

Rev.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I actually see people in line at 7 am CST in front of AT&T waiting to get this phone...LOSERS!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Stopped by my local ATT store mid-afternoon and there wasn't a single person in line to buy the iPhone, which given it's THE most popular phone in the area I live was surprising. So I briefly took a look at it and I have to say that they longer body with the same width actually gives the appearance of it being smaller, though it is much lighter. When I held my sexy red GS3 up side by side, it made the little iPhone look like a baby, LOL... Waaaaaahhhhh! Seems fast too though not much faster than the Galaxy.. Am VERY happy I jumped ship from Apple to Samsung.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Stopped by my local ATT store mid-afternoon and there wasn't a single person in line to buy the iPhone, which given it's THE most popular phone in the area I live was surprising. So I briefly took a look at it and I have to say that they longer body with the same width actually gives the appearance of it being smaller, though it is much lighter. When I held my sexy red GS3 up side by side, it made the little iPhone look like a baby, LOL... Waaaaaahhhhh! Seems fast too though not much faster than the Galaxy.. Am VERY happy I jumped ship from Apple to Samsung.

I first fell in love w/ android when i saw my older sisters og htc evo.. i thought it was the best dam lookin' handset ever lol.. then i found out that there were tons of android phones,and thats how i came into the android world. God i love androids lol.

Sent from my S3:)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Did you think that they, you know, sold out?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Did Apple sue Samsung Galaxy SIII or they just sue Samsung the entity? You can't sue a division or product line only the entity itself...e.g. Apple is ed!

Samsung is a conglomerate made up of several different companies, all of which are separate. Apple sued samsungs mobile division. The semiconductor and screen divisions are separate.

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
How would he look at one or use it if they sold out? Those placeholders don't have any electronics in them. The Wal-Mart near me had some this morning, still has most of them. They only sold 4. I gather unless you're in a big city area you could find one fairly easy.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
How would he look at one or use it if they sold out? Those placeholders don't have any electronics in them. The Wal-Mart near me had some this morning, still has most of them. They only sold 4. I gather unless you're in a big city area you could find one fairly easy.

Att stores have real phones on display.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Not here man. If it works they sell it, the rest are the fake display kind only. The AT&T store here had some as well but I didn't ask them how many they sold or had left total.