Launchers are awesome

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I just discovered third party launchers and they are AWESOME.

I went will Nova prime and it has made me love this phone sooooo much more. I also downloaded their widget locker, but I don't like how you can't password protect on that screen, so I don't use it.

I'm coming from ios, and with the crazy customizable home screen, gestures, etc, I love android and this phone even more.

Nova has actually made the phone faster too and no lag or stuttering, etc (which I did have with tw at times).

Highly recommend a launcher if you're coming from ios and want to see how customizable android is.

Here is my home screen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348341953114.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348341953114.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 226
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348341973356.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348341973356.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 226

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using go launcher ex right now, really liking it so far. When I get bored with it I'll try some of the others out there. Kinda proud of myself for fiddling with it and getting this look. Its my first android and I've only had it for a week, haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348350497838.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348350497838.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 124

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Very cool guys.. Haven't played around with any launchers yet, but it might be worth a try. Did you find tutorials on how to use them? Seems like there's a heck of a lot to know :)

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Very cool guys.. Haven't played around with any launchers yet, but it might be worth a try. Did you find tutorials on how to use them? Seems like there's a heck of a lot to know :)

Nova had a brief tutorial, but the fun is playing with the phone and trying things out. This is my first Android, so I'm no expert. It was a lot of fun trying things and then changing them to see what they did.

If you like playing with your phone and haven't tried it yet, it's definitely worth it.

I started to do it with my tablet, but I had to stop because I did spend a lot of time playing. It was never frustrating, just fun, but be warned that it is addicting.
:D

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm using go launcher ex right now, really liking it so far. When I get bored with it I'll try some of the others out there. Kinda proud of myself for fiddling with it and getting this look. Its my first android and I've only had it for a week, haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Very cool!

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey JonTalk.

Almost impossible to hose your phone experimenting with launchers and it's kinda fun. Using Nova right now, may try another when I get bored with it.

Now rooting is another thing, Not sure I'll try it, can't find a really good reason to do so

fourthchirpin

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
my only gripe with the Nova launcher is that my email doesn't have an Unread badge like my text and my googletalk icons. Other then that Nova is the only one ive used and the phone is very stable no issues so far.

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
my only gripe with the Nova launcher is that my email doesn't have an Unread badge like my text and my googletalk icons. Other then that Nova is the only one ive used and the phone is very stable no issues so far.

Nova Launcher Prime offers the email badges.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I've tried all launchers and keep returning to nova! I use fancy widgets along with android pro widgets, this combo cannot be beat! New update allows you to long press an app and you can see usage info and can uninstall right then and there! Its so sweet now!

Sent from my LTEVO using Android Central Forums

t3chn0s1s

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but I just discovered third party launchers and they are AWESOME.

I went will Nova prime and it has made me love this phone sooooo much more. I also downloaded their widget locker, but I don't like how you can't password protect on that screen, so I don't use it.

I'm coming from ios, and with the crazy customizable home screen, gestures, etc, I love android and this phone even more.

Nova has actually made the phone faster too and no lag or stuttering, etc (which I did have with tw at times).

Highly recommend a launcher if you're coming from ios and want to see how customizable android is.

Here is my home screen

Welcome to Android. Lol. Just wait until you learn to root and then see what customization Android is capable of. You will become a flash addict as I have since my Captivate.

Sent from my AOKP powered Samsung Galaxy S III

t3chn0s1s

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Huh? Do you have the box checked in Nova settings under Unread Badges? Mine works fine.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Huh? Do you have the box checked in Nova settings under Unread Badges? Mine works fine.

Don't you need a separate app from the same developer (tesla)? I could have sworn there was an app for the badges lol

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

t3chn0s1s

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't you need a separate app from the same developer (tesla)? I could have sworn there was an app for the badges lol

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

Yes you do. Nova gives you the market link to the Play Store.

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I've tried all launchers and keep returning to nova! I use fancy widgets along with android pro widgets, this combo cannot be beat! New update allows you to long press an app and you can see usage info and can uninstall right then and there! Its so sweet now!

Sent from my LTEVO using Android Central Forums

I use the same set up, works amazing

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my phone back in June, the AT&T employee installed Go Launcher for me. I then learned about Nova Launcher which has been my favorite. It turns the S3 into a whole other animal! Nova launcher made me love this phone that much more when I saw what it was capable of.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my phone back in June, the AT&T employee installed Go Launcher for me. I then learned about Nova Launcher which has been my favorite. It turns the S3 into a whole other animal! Nova launcher made me love this phone that much more when I saw what it was capable of.

What's the big difference between the two? I wanted to try nova. I use widget locker from them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1