Question about OTA updating

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I have had my red GS3 for about 5 or 6 weeks now and every time I tap the Software update setting it says either my software is up to date or the server isn't available. So I went to the ATT store and some geek take my phone, doesn't turn it off, pulls the battery and starts it up again. The same geek said that since I had Avast and Juice Defender installed, either or both of them could be blocking the OTA updates. ALL my apps get updated automatically without any problems, so am wondering if this ATT geek knows what he's talking about. Of course he kept telling me that for $9/month I could get tier 2 level tech support, which makes no sense. My phone runs great, but I want to make sure I get the JB update when it happens.

Meantime, I removed Avast but I'm not going to remove JD since it works so great.

Has anyone here had problems getting OTA updates with either/both JD or Avast installed and does this guy know WTF he's talking about?

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks rong21.. I am not removing JD since it doesn't make sense it would interfere. I can't check for the update until tomorrow afternoon again, so it will be interesting to see if removing Avast makes any difference. I have a feeling it won't.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Just change the date to one day forward and try again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Usually people dont get updates is because the IMEI # that AT&T has on file is not the same as the one on your phone...you might want to check that also....as for JD, JD turns of your data when your screen is off to save you battery....make sure it comes back on before you try