Micro SD Card Issues

LumaLynai

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this question has been asked somewhere already. I've been looking all over for an answer today and have come up with nothing so far.

My husband and I switched over from iPhones to the S3 last night, and we're both having the same issue with our phones. We purchased 32gb micro sd cards today, and neither of the phones want to continue to write to the sd card. We have no issues using either PC or Mac to add music/photos/etc to the cards, everything is viewable/playable on the phones. The problem is that our camera won't to save to the sd card for any extended period of time. After taking a few pictures we get the message "cannot write in sd card, default storage changed to phone memory".

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You may have to reformat the sd card in the phone, in case there is an issue with the factory formatting or partitioning. This, of course, would mean that all data on the card will be erased, but it may be necessary.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You may have to reformat the sd card in the phone, in case there is an issue with the factory formatting or partitioning. This, of course, would mean that all data on the card will be erased, but it may be necessary.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
Yeah I would try this too...make sure you save all your photos on your PC in a folder before you format the MicroSD card

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately that was one of the first things that we tried. Looks like we'll be exchanging the cards. Thank you for the help.
I would recommend SanDisk or Kingston brand cards...also make sure you get MicroSDHC cards...those work much better than regular SD and faster too

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
+1 on the SanDisk.. I picked up a 32gb Sandisk microSD (class 10) at Best Buy when it was on sale for $30 and had no problems at all..

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I would stick with SanDisk as I have a 64 GB SanDisk micro sdxc Class 10 card.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

LumaLynai

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the input. Picked up two SanDisk 32s at Best Buy for around $45 on Sunday. No problems since then. I am a little miffed at the fact that CompUSA wouldn't give me either a refund or in store credit for the two defective ones that I had a receipt for. We threw the packaging away when the cards were fine at first, apparently you must have those tiny scraps of cardboard & plastic to get any kind of refund.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
CompUSA did go out of business. The name was bought by the company that owns tiger direct and they have a few stores open under the CompUSA brand. Same old name but different company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

X-Apple

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Howdy,

I just joined today and am having issues with my new S III and the SD cards. I bought Duracell 16GB microSD (class10) cards at Fry's for $13 each. I tried them in both mine and my daughter's phones and it will not work. The phone says it has 14.9GB of space on the card and I can see the card when I hook up to the PC. Problem is, I can't manipulate any data on it in the PC. I can copy, create folders on the Phone drive but not the SD drive. I also pulled the chip and used an adapter to read it like a thumb drive on the PC and it worked fine. After 45 min on a chat with Samsung last night, they informed me that I would have to use class2 or 4 cards....S III did not support class 10. I said you gotta be kidding me. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

demonvamp666

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
im having Micro SD card problems as well. mine is one minute my SD card memory could say 3.84 MBs then for no reason it will go WAY DOWN and be at 473kbs even though i never downloaded anything!!! my phone could be just sitting there and the sd card will lose memory. plz help me!!!!! i cant find nothing on my LG Optimus One and found something on here about sd card problems so i decided this is the forum to post on.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
im having Micro SD card problems as well. mine is one minute my SD card memory could say 3.84 MBs then for no reason it will go WAY DOWN and be at 473kbs even though i never downloaded anything!!! my phone could be just sitting there and the sd card will lose memory. plz help me!!!!! i cant find nothing on my LG Optimus One and found something on here about sd card problems so i decided this is the forum to post on.

Those are data transfer speeds not memory. Where are you reading those from?

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue. Format the card with FAT32 and not NTFS.

No format ex fat so you dont have the 4gb file size limit, copyed a 10gb 1080p movie with success on exfat with my sandisk u1 64gb
If on xp just google the extra support dl from microsoft.

Just beware not all phones support it so dont go poping it in to anything. Be carful

My otg 32gb san disk jump is also 32gb exfat. Class4 memory.

Sent from my SGH-T889