OTA update - 10.4.2012

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Just finished installing a 82MB size update. Did anyone else get it? Wondering what was updated. I did notice the keyboard has changed and the stock messaging template changed up as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349397036942.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349397036942.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 176
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349397111443.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349397111443.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 174

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Look around th forum. This had been out for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't been able to get this update. Spoke with AT&T for over an hour, then they sent me to Samsung, then Samsung said AT&T had to help me. Blah, I gave up lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
This update took away the 2.4/5.0 GHz/auto selection option under WiFi. If you did not have it set to auto when applying update, you may be stuck on the bandwidth that you had selected. I had 2.4 GHz selected before update, now no options and the phone now longer sees 5.0 GHz band.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got this update last night. Small changes only thing I noticed for me is that auto correct no longer works in the stock keyboard. Using a.I. keyboard right now as a supplement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I always get the connection failure notice when attempting to update, so am wondering if anyone here has Juice Defender and/or Avast installed. An ATT rep said that those third party apps can interfere with the connection, though ALL app updates happen without any problem. From the other OTA thread it appeared some weren't to happy with the update since it seemed to be causing problems with texting, battery life and other things. Thanks.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this update is a month old lol but it does add new features
- New Camera Effects
- Brightness Bar in the Notification drop down
- New VPN app

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I always get the connection failure notice when attempting to update, so am wondering if anyone here has Juice Defender and/or Avast installed. An ATT rep said that those third party apps can interfere with the connection, though ALL app updates happen without any problem. From the other OTA thread it appeared some weren't to happy with the update since it seemed to be causing problems with texting, battery life and other things. Thanks.
I got my update and I have JD and Nova Launcher running on my phone....I would try getting a new SIM card, so it would re-register then IMEI into their system and you might be able to get the update. Getting a new SIM a FREE, just walk into the AT&T store and ask for one

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I get the connection failure also and when I try again, it just says I'm up to date. I've never actually gotten an OTA notification either and have had the phone since release.

Don't really care about these interim updates, I'm just hoping the Jelly Bean update doesn't get blocked somehow.

I'm not running either Juice Defender or Avast so it might be something else.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I get the connection failure also and when I try again, it just says I'm up to date. I've never actually gotten an OTA notification either and have had the phone since release.

Don't really care about these interim updates, I'm just hoping the Jelly Bean update doesn't get blocked somehow.

I'm not running either Juice Defender or Avast so it might be something else.
If you are not getting any of these updates, you might want to figure out why because it would most likely mean you won't get Jelly Bean...unless you use Kies

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I got this update when it came out and went back to LG1 after a few days because the LH9 updates eats battery.

With LG1 I can usually go 2 or sometimes 3 days in between charges being that I use my phone lightly. With LH9 I was using over 60% or more battery a day with the same light usage.

So I guess this update finally gave me the excuse to root. After downgrading back to a rooted LG1, I deleted the update program so it won't force me to update again. I'm gunna wait for Jelly Bean before I do any more updates.

jostnyc

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
With the update you can also resize the video when you have it floating on the top. It's pretty cool. I did notice my bars have dropped down in certain areas where I used to have full bars. I thought this update was the jelly bean update when I saw the notification. I was disappointed lol.

Capthowdyy

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Me too. Still no update everyone is talking about. I tried all the suggestions. I won't be too concerned for now. But when jb gets released and I still can't update I'm going to the att store to see what the problem is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

naldonnis

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got this update last night. Small changes only thing I noticed for me is that auto correct no longer works in the stock keyboard. Using a.I. keyboard right now as a supplement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I have this same problem as well. Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I know there are other keyboards like swiftkey but I like the stock samsung keyboard. Is there a way to fix it or has anyone found a way to fix it? Should I reset my phone because I've done that twice. Please any help would be greatly appreciated it. Just please don't tell me to use another keyboard, because I have a slew of keyboards but I like samsungs better for some reason. Again, thanks for the help.