S-Voice and Ford Sync

spartanrob1

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2010 Ford Fusion with Sync. Making and receiving calls works fine and as I understand it, text messaging is not support.
But, S-Voice will not work when i'm connected. With my iPhone, Siri would work through Sync, but S-Voice won't work through Sync or thru the phone when connected.

Anyone have any luck or advice?

Fuzzy761210

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a 09 fusion and I confirm this. Even after I have tried and I turn blue tooth off it will not work unless I completely close the app all the way out. I would bet it is something in the app and not so much with the sync system.

We need someone to link there phone to another blue tooth audio device and see if it still works.

I forgot to check if voice search is also disabled while blue tooth is linked

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
To help isolate the problem, what version of SYNC do you have? I have a 2012 Focus with Gen 1(non-MyFord Touch) 3.1.1, but have not bothered to see if S-voice will work through the system. I get alerts played(interrupts bluetooth audio streaming), so will check it tomorrow and report back in.

malimal

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
i dont have ford sync, but it does not work with my 2012 Sonota bluetooth either. I can hear S-voice, but i does not hear me. It seems to think my bluetooth system is a headphone. Or at least I see the headphone icon when streaming music.

like you siri worked fine as well.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
S voice works with the Motorola Roadster speakerphone. I have a 2013 Ford Explorer with MySync. I haven't tried doing anything other than making calls, and that works very well.

stonegateguy

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2010 Mazda 6 with bluetooth (phone and streaming audio) and s-voice does not seem to work if it is connected via buletooth either. My assumption is that it is trying to use the bluetooh mic instead of the built in one and the car systems were not designed to do this. I was frustrated that I no longer could use the "navigate to X" command like i could when i had My Incredible 2. Samsung has hidden Googles Voice Actions away so that you cant access them directly (they want you to use s-voice- supprise supprise). I have read a few things people have done to switch back to the Google Voice Actions but have yet to try them for myself. I just wanted to say that you are not alone in the fact that s-voice doesnt work when im in the car with bluetooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech