Gorilla Glass My A$$

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
ANyone notice tiny scratches on their Galaxy 3? I had the captivate...no scratches. I had the infuse...no scratches. Now the Galaxy 3 and many minor scratches visible when the screen is turned off. What is up with that. Defective?:mad:

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
No, I have had my S3 since launch with no screen protection and zero scratches. I keep it in my pocket when I carry it daily.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I initially had a screen protector on mine for first month. Now I've been without for a month and no scratches for me. No complaints here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
No,its not defective. Like i told someone else on here,they make screen protectors for almost every smartphone even if it has gorilla glass for a reason. I keep a zagg hd on mine,looks great,no imperfections,no scratches,feels like glass,no complaints.

Sent from my S3:)

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Screen protector all the way! I have an Otterbox Defender and no scratches on my screen. I take it out to clean it one time a week and that seems to do the trick for me!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Nope! But the first thing I ALWAYS do is get a case before even using my phone when I buy a new one...I always want it looking like new

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought my GS3 from ebay, as seller claimed "practically new" but it did have a few noticeable small dents on the top which i saw immediately after opening the box.. BUT!.. not a single scratch on the entire glass panel. I'm carrying my phone without a case, granted i dont put it together with keys or change or any other items. But so far not a single scratch. And trust me i inspected it very very thoroughly under the direct lamp light from every possible angle. Oh and one more thing, the glass seems to have some kind of oleophobic coating on it as it almost doesnt leave any fingerprints. In any case the glass used on this screen is much better than on my previous GS2 Skyrocket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Got a quarter inch scratch on mine. Damn sand.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
I've had two GS3s and both have gotten a small scratch. BOTH times when I went to the beach this summer. IMHO, these screens don't scratch easily at all except with one lousy grain of sand. But no freaking way am I ever using a screen protector.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm just going to throw this out there, Gorilla Glass isn't supposed to be indestructible scratch proof stuff...

It's supposed to be quite more crack and scratch RESISTANT (meaning it will be able to tolerate more punishment before getting hurt) than other types of screens.

My HOX went protectorless with keys in my pocket for 2 weeks, and there was only a tiny hairline scratch that you wouldn't notice unless light struck it at the right angle. Your S3 isn't defective, just take care of it better :)

Sent from my HTC One X

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Never have used a screen protector on any phone, I have a large family too (jk). Picked up a few minor scratches at the beach on my gnex if you shine it and hold it in the light just right. No big deal, I can't see it when using it. Its like a new car, after the first door ding you don't need to stress over every minor blemish.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Screen protectors suck. Take away the real feel of the phone and otter boxes look like crap. Galaxy 3 is a sexy phone that should not be covered up. Like I said, nothing has changed with the way I carry or hold my phone since having a captivate or the infuse. Holding both of those phones at certain angles with the screen off reveals no scratches. G3... .Screen off and rotate to different angles reveals many tiny scratches. Just sayin that it serms this gorilla glasd 2. Really should be called gorilla glass-2.

gaijin82

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
My gs3 was stolen last night with an otter box on it. It was found today without the case. It looks like whoever took it, took it out of the case and threw it against a brick wall. No scratches on the screen. The back is pretty beat up. There is only a small imperfection on the top left corner of the screen where it doesn't work anymore but it doesn't even extends past the status bar so I don't think it will be a problem. BTW, no screen protector.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trigger73

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have always used a screen protector no matter what and have never taken a manufacturers word for it. Zagg is the best!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Screen protectors suck. Take away the real feel of the phone and otter boxes look like crap. Galaxy 3 is a sexy phone that should not be covered up. Like I said, nothing has changed with the way I carry or hold my phone since having a captivate or the infuse. Holding both of those phones at certain angles with the screen off reveals no scratches. G3... .Screen off and rotate to different angles reveals many tiny scratches. Just sayin that it serms this gorilla glasd 2. Really should be called gorilla glass-2.

The new zagg hd really does not feel like the rest,smooth as glass it is. I use to have an old zagg protector and it made my screen all fuzzy and it fealt rubbery.

Sent from my S3:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome