Incoming sms messages not coming in.

lespaul

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
They keep showing up with a download button, then they won't download. It wasn't like this until recently. Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
If you are running a custom ROM, it can cause this. Also if your market is having issues it can cause this if you are on a stock unrooted ROM. If you are on a stock unrooted ROM, call 611 and report the issue. If you are on a custom ROM either live with it or revert to stock and re-test. WiFi has nothing to do with it, MMS should auto download over any available radio link.

oyy0

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me when I first got it a few days ago but it was my fault or maybe it came off by default...
when you pull down the tab from the top of the screen, at the top next to "Screen rotation" there is an option called "Mobile data", if it is not on then it will do this. Just make sure it is on. This should fix it.
If this doesn't fix it then this will for sure: go to Settings, then More settings, then Mobile networks and check the box next to Use packet data.... I did this at the same time.
Hope it fixes it for you guys, I wasn't going to go to the store or call for help unless really needed.