Problems upgrading to SG3 through Amazon

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Each time I try to upgrade my phone through Amazon--to take advantage of the $99 price--it forces me to choose a new Data plan. I currently have the unlimited data plan and there doesn't seem to be a way for me to avoid having to select a new one.

Have any of you tried? Fail or success? For that matter, were you able to do it through another retailer when it was $99 like Best Buy?

michko

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Amazon can't help u keep ur existing data plan. I was in same situation. I ordered it elsewhere. Try other place some Radio Shack or other corporate stores of att in the mall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

hercdrvr

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I ordered from Amazon and have the unlimited data plan as well. When ordering, you can pick any plan, but take the phone to an AT&T store to activate it once it arrives. Make sure they know you are grandfathered, and they will set it all up for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I ordered from Amazon and have the unlimited data plan as well. When ordering, you can pick any plan, but take the phone to an AT&T store to activate it once it arrives. Make sure they know you are grandfathered, and they will set it all up for you.

I called AT&T late last night to see if there was a way for me to purchase from Amazon selecting their data plan and then still keep my unlimited plan. Before we even got into that, the rep went to talk to his manager and got approval to sell the phone to me for $99 instead. That was awesome. The bad news is that we got disconnected towards the end of the ordering process and he never called me back, and when I called them they didn't see the order was processed. We processed it, we think, but I still have no confirmation email, no order history on my wireless account and more importantly no posted transaction on my bank account. I called two more times to speak with other reps who confirmed it "looked" ordered but they couldn't tell. Instead of placing more orders they just suggested I wait and see what happened. They were positive I would have received an order confirmation email though...which I haven't still and it is 12 hours later.

I think that if it doesnt ship by 3pm EST today, I am going to call and cancel. I will then go to the AT&T local store to see if they will price match. If not, I will check out Best Buy. If not, I will order through Amazon if you are certain that I should be able to retain my unlimited data plan if I take the phone into the store to activate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Go to Best Buy and get them to price match Amazon.

I believe Best Buy is price matching online competitors this year starting Nov 1, so I will definitely go this route if I can't resolve the issue I posted above.

Ba55ackward5

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I believe Best Buy is price matching online competitors this year starting Nov 1, so I will definitely go this route if I can't resolve the issue I posted above.

This. I just did this 10 minutes ago. No issues what so ever. 1st time buying a phone from Best Buy. Painless and a great experience ( yeah, that's weird coming out of my mouth )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair