poor quality picture messages?

dominguezx

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I have so many qiestions that just dont make sense since this new iOs update.
1) why cant I save a picture from the facebook app? I click menu, long hold, everything and nothing works.
2) pictures and even screen shots when I send them in MMS the quality is horrendous. Are my settings wrong?
3) I have auto correct and auto punctuation but even when I spell a word wrong it still keeps the wrong word unless I click on the correct one. I type really fast and its so irritating. Also It doesnt really punctuate! These small thibgs are so frustrating.

Please help.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have so many qiestions that just dont make sense since this new iOs update.
1) why cant I save a picture from the facebook app? I click menu, long hold, everything and nothing works.
2) pictures and even screen shots when I send them in MMS the quality is horrendous. Are my settings wrong?
3) I have auto correct and auto punctuation but even when I spell a word wrong it still keeps the wrong word unless I click on the correct one. I type really fast and its so irritating. Also It doesnt really punctuate! These small thibgs are so frustrating.

Please help.

1. Facebook is in the process of making another better app for Android which I believe will have this feature...until then you could screen capture a pic from facebook, which should save the photo on your phone
2. Are u using stock? If I may recommend you use GoSMS (can be found in the app store), its much better messaging app than the stock one and it doesn't decompress your pictures but keeps in high quality.
3. Again if I may make another recommendation, if you are using Stock keyboard, the auto correct is not too good. I would suggest using SwiftKey Keyboard (from the Play Store). you can replace the stock with it, and its much better, easier to use, and auto correct and prediction is on point!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what this has to do with an "iOS" update. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

lhweb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
To save a Facebook picture, click the picture, tap the menu button choose share. Choose Dropbox (set up an account if you don't have one) and then upload the image to a folder.

I use Handcent to text and I don't have any problems sending images. It will resize am image when you send it.

I prefer Swype Beta to the stock swipe keyboard. I also have Swiftkey.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

atoddvr6

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to revive an old thread here but I have some questions as well.
1. I have no trouble sending QUALITY pictures via the stock messaging app (mms obviously). The pictures that my wife (iphone 4) gets look like she took them herself. She can zoom in and the pictures look great. That alone is strange because in all my searching, all I see are people who are complaining that the pictures they SEND are low quality. :confused: The only time I do have problems is when I go to the camera app (stock), take a pic, attach it directly to an mms, and hit send. Maybe its the network but about 90% of the time it just sits there and doesn't send. I know when its going to because it will show the 4glte logo at the top right away and it will send a few seconds later.

2. My main problem is receiving photos and videos. First, the photos I get are ok quality but my phone will not let me know when I get one. No light, no screen notification, nothing. Before JB, it would let me know most of the time. One thing that hasn't changed at all is how I have to go into the message app and tap a download button if someone sends me a pic. I know this has been mentioned before and I know there are other apps but I would like to keep the issue alive in case anyone comes up with or hears of a solution other than a third party app. Its extremely annoying to have to 1. check to see if you even got a pic and 2. tap a download button. Also annoying is the dumb pic with text issue. You know, the issue where it shows up like a video but its just a pic with some text. Ugh. Second, videos are absolutely TERRIBLE when I receive them. They are literally the size of my thumbnail when I view them. Do any of the third party apps have setting for RECEIVING pictures and videos? Like what quality they come in at?

3. This isn't really an issue but I solved my keyboard problem with the Jelly Bean Keyboard app (its third party). After I updated to JB I switch back to the stock keyboard but I still had the same issues as the first post. So I switched back and it works great. Its fast, lightweight, and it just works.

Any help with the above will be greatly appreciated. I really hope there is a fix for all of this soon if there isn't already.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12