Google now, need JB?

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Having switched from an iPhone the only thing I really miss is SIRI for reading my text messages and responding while I drive. I understand that Google Now in JB will do that too. Since we have no idea when AT&T will update the OS, is there a way to get Google Now functionality now (without rooting and loading a custom JB)?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Having switched from an iPhone the only thing I really miss is SIRI for reading my text messages and responding while I drive. I understand that Google Now in JB will do that too. Since we have no idea when AT&T will update the OS, is there a way to get Google Now functionality now (without rooting and loading a custom JB)?

Don't think so.. You would have to root. If you want something reading your text messages / have something to talk to while driving so you don't have to text you can try the S-voice or try turning on driving mode.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't think so.. You would have to root. If you want something reading your text messages / have something to talk to while driving so you don't have to text you can try the S-voice or try turning on driving mode.
I did not think S-voice was able to accurately read and respond to text messages. I'll give it a try tonight.

vic_singh

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes

Samsung M100 Uproar > Samsung X480 > Siemens SK65 > BlackBerry 7100T > BlackBerry 8220 Pearl Flip > Palm Pre > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy S 2 > Samsung Galaxy S 3

tewest86

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Google Now can't read texts either. I have it on my rooted SG3. Honestly, to me it's not close to Siri. I had an iPhone 5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2