AT&T to release jelly bean next week? (Rumour)

inthegalaxy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Read pop Harold this morning when I got up and it said a anonymous tip said at&t would begin the jelly bean update starting this week and try to have everyone updated by next week. If your on at&t and have been waiting for months, tell me what you think of the rumour. Another sham?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I learned a long time ago, believe 1/2 of what you see and none of you hear.
I'm new to droid but this sammy update thing is a lot like blackberry: soon.......soon.......next week....right.........whatever
It's almost refreshing to know this frustration extends throughout platforms.

inthegalaxy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I dont believe it, until at&t says it is. And it is frustrating and wanted to see what ppl thought of the "anonymous tip" thing. Anonymous goes a long way. If I wrote pop harold and said I was a at&t rep and I knew when the update is gonna roll out, but im not gonna release my name or any other info than that. Would they write a 3 paragraph about how im prolly right?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If it is? Great! If not? Don't really care. Want JB sooner then root your device. I still have stock TW and I have yet to get bored with it. (Sense release of the phone!)

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Read pop Harold this morning when I got up and it said a anonymous tip said at&t would begin the jelly bean update starting this week and try to have everyone updated by next week. If your on at&t and have been waiting for months, tell me what you think of the rumour. Another sham?
How does that old quote go? About rumors being like the leaves of fall, gaining great attention but destined to rot on the ground. :(

Then on the other hand . . .

"Great rumors never die. Their flame flickers low for a while, like an inactive volcano, to reawaken another day. " ~ Jean-Noel Kapferer

. . .hopefully sooner rather than later. ;)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm not gonna get my hopes up with AT&T anymore until I see it actually happen....I'll keep this in mind and hopefully its true, but I'm not keeping my hopes up

card0124

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I had gotten curious about the update and had a chat session with both a Samsung rep, and AT&T rep and AT&T said they had no idea, and Samsung said soon, then gave me this link

SAMSUNG

I'm sure most of you guys have this link, but still nothing yet, and I don't want to get excited.

thatmetaldude

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
That's why I always get a back up phone and void the warranty on this one and root it and flash custom ROMs on it. EFF it!

GS3 Cyanogenmod 10

Larzzzz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I would be surprised to see it before XMas. AT&T has newer hardware from Samsung they're trying to push that already has JB on it. Until they have been around long enough (duration unknown) I doubt they will muddy that pool until closer to 2013, or after Black Friday.

Given that many "consumers" may have flash on their ICS S3, and the flood of calls about "broken" phones they're going to receive with the JB update, I think dodging that bullet as long as possible is high on their list. "Consumers" love their Tumblr videos and Tube sites, and dodging it until after the holiday press season would be optimal to their market share.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

IMHO, this post should never have been written. All it can do is aggravate AT&T customers, who have been waiting for the update, and are left in limbo. A rumor is just that, a rumor! :p

skunk8pe

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I heard we are all getting ponies and free ice cream then too. Seriously, 13 year olds should stick with Adventure Time forums.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2