Read pop Harold this morning when I got up and it said a anonymous tip said at&t would begin the jelly bean update starting this week and try to have everyone updated by next week. If your on at&t and have been waiting for months, tell me what you think of the rumour. Another sham?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    11-08-2012 07:16 AM
    Believe nothing until you see "Accept & Download Update" (or whatever it says) on your phone.
    NickLippert, D.Sandman and sp0tted like this.
    11-08-2012 07:27 AM
    I learned a long time ago, believe 1/2 of what you see and none of you hear.
    I'm new to droid but this sammy update thing is a lot like blackberry: soon.......soon.......next week....right.........whatever
    It's almost refreshing to know this frustration extends throughout platforms.
    11-08-2012 08:26 AM
    Yeah I dont believe it, until at&t says it is. And it is frustrating and wanted to see what ppl thought of the "anonymous tip" thing. Anonymous goes a long way. If I wrote pop harold and said I was a at&t rep and I knew when the update is gonna roll out, but im not gonna release my name or any other info than that. Would they write a 3 paragraph about how im prolly right?

11-08-2012 10:07 AM
    If it is? Great! If not? Don't really care. Want JB sooner then root your device. I still have stock TW and I have yet to get bored with it. (Sense release of the phone!)
    sledge007 likes this.
    11-08-2012 10:40 AM
    Read pop Harold this morning when I got up and it said a anonymous tip said at&t would begin the jelly bean update starting this week and try to have everyone updated by next week. If your on at&t and have been waiting for months, tell me what you think of the rumour. Another sham?
    How does that old quote go? About rumors being like the leaves of fall, gaining great attention but destined to rot on the ground.

Then on the other hand . . .

"Great rumors never die. Their flame flickers low for a while, like an inactive volcano, to reawaken another day. " ~ Jean-Noel Kapferer

. . .hopefully sooner rather than later.
    11-08-2012 10:55 AM
    There once was a rumor that Jelly Bean was going to roll out in September.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    11-08-2012 11:00 AM
    Yeah I'm not gonna get my hopes up with AT&T anymore until I see it actually happen....I'll keep this in mind and hopefully its true, but I'm not keeping my hopes up
    11-08-2012 11:23 AM
    I had gotten curious about the update and had a chat session with both a Samsung rep, and AT&T rep and AT&T said they had no idea, and Samsung said soon, then gave me this link

SAMSUNG

I'm sure most of you guys have this link, but still nothing yet, and I don't want to get excited.
    D16RR likes this.
    11-08-2012 12:23 PM
    If you are getting frustrated, think of it as foreplay.
    11-08-2012 12:27 PM
    By the time we get Jelly Bean on the AT&T network, all Android phones will come stock with Key Lime Pie...
    11-08-2012 12:37 PM
    This reminds me of the days of AT&T releasing blackberry upgrade... oh the days are back again
    11-08-2012 07:01 PM
    That's why I always get a back up phone and void the warranty on this one and root it and flash custom ROMs on it. EFF it!

GS3 Cyanogenmod 10
    11-08-2012 08:38 PM
    I would be surprised to see it before XMas. AT&T has newer hardware from Samsung they're trying to push that already has JB on it. Until they have been around long enough (duration unknown) I doubt they will muddy that pool until closer to 2013, or after Black Friday.

Given that many "consumers" may have flash on their ICS S3, and the flood of calls about "broken" phones they're going to receive with the JB update, I think dodging that bullet as long as possible is high on their list. "Consumers" love their Tumblr videos and Tube sites, and dodging it until after the holiday press season would be optimal to their market share.
    11-09-2012 03:42 PM

IMHO, this post should never have been written. All it can do is aggravate AT&T customers, who have been waiting for the update, and are left in limbo. A rumor is just that, a rumor!
    skunk8pe likes this.
    11-09-2012 04:08 PM
    I heard we are all getting ponies and free ice cream then too. Seriously, 13 year olds should stick with Adventure Time forums.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    evq.003 likes this.
    11-10-2012 09:11 PM