Anyone got Jelly Bean yet? Its supposedly going to be released this week on AT&T

scottyb007

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
This seems like such a shot in the dark rumor. Sure it sounds good but until I see on my phone that I have an update available, I'm not going to trust any of these "rumors"

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand what the dire need is for jelly bean...this phone runs great on ICS!

Milly

I've been using JB on my Asus TF700 tablet and I love it. One of the many cool feature is, when you pressed on a small link or pressed an area outside of a link, it will auto zoom in and popup the closest links for you to select.

Here is another updated post about JB is coming this week on AT&T S3: Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean Update Arriving This Week On AT&T? - iTechPost

Marvel800

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
It will be awesome, I can't wait!!
Then we can do this again with 4.2.
I love my GS3, it was and is a worthy upgrade from my iPhone 3GS but any android phone i buy after this Will certainly be a Nexus.

austinography

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been using JB on my Asus TF700 tablet and I love it. One of the many cool feature is, when you pressed on a small link or pressed an area outside of a link, it will auto zoom in and popup the closest links for you to select.

Here is another updated post about JB is coming this week on AT&T S3: Samsung Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean Update Arriving This Week On AT&T? - iTechPost

I'm pretty sure that's just a feature of Chrome as my GS3 on ICS does that as well. Very cool feature tho. I was pleasantly surprised to discover it.

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
In response to the original poster, there is nothing more annoying than being the last to get an UPDATE that adds a bunch of new features. Think about it, we all have a S3, and AT&T and Verizon are ALWAYS the last to get an update. What is even worse is that AT&T and Verizon refuse to talk to customers about the reason for the delays, so it seems to be "just because they can't be bothered to ALLOW manufacturers to just give us the updates".

I could understand delays caused by bugs(like not being able to delete empty home screens), but then, why not tell users the reasons for the delay? Is it really so horrible letting users KNOW what is going on?

ChrisXe hit the nail on the head for why we SHOULD want the update, so the real issue is why all markets have it except for North America. It does encourage people to root their phones and just install the updates themselves at this point as well.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
In response to the original poster, there is nothing more annoying than being the last to get an UPDATE that adds a bunch of new features. Think about it, we all have a S3, and AT&T and Verizon are ALWAYS the last to get an update. What is even worse is that AT&T and Verizon refuse to talk to customers about the reason for the delays, so it seems to be "just because they can't be bothered to ALLOW manufacturers to just give us the updates".

I could understand delays caused by bugs(like not being able to delete empty home screens), but then, why not tell users the reasons for the delay? Is it really so horrible letting users KNOW what is going on?

ChrisXe hit the nail on the head for why we SHOULD want the update, so the real issue is why all markets have it except for North America. It does encourage people to root their phones and just install the updates themselves at this point as well.

Actually Sprint has the update already. So why did they get it already and the rest are soooo slow?!

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
It will be awesome, I can't wait!!
Then we can do this again with 4.2.
I love my GS3, it was and is a worthy upgrade from my iPhone 3GS but any android phone i buy after this Will certainly be a Nexus.

I'm with you, next phone I buy will be a nexus

Sent from my awesome red s3

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
What I I don't understand is, WHY DOES ANYONE CARE ??? :confused: :major rolleyes:

What's the big deal? Why the big anxious, panting fever to upgrade your phones OS? :confused: . . . As if life itself depended on it. :rolleyes: As if life itself depended on when you get the JB update? :rolleyes:

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't live my life through my phone tracker. :rolleyes: I don't walk through life, everyday, with my phone tracker practically glued to my hand, like so many of this planets sheeple-humans-huphones do nowadays. :rolleyes: Never have. Never will.
Moreover, after using a GS3 and reading bits & pieces on this AC forum for the last month . . . I've yet to see a single screenshot of JB that looks nicer or more appealing visually, than ICS 4.0 TW ! In fact, every single screenshot of JB that I've seen? looks less visually appealing, and less interesting. :rolleyes, again:
So I for one don't plan on updating to JB, and will wait and see what (Key Lime Pie?) looks like, a little further on down the road.

And I repeat, what's the big deal ??? :confused: Are there some great techno advances with JB that have rendered it to be so worthy of being so coveted; so anticipated; so indispensable, therefore causing so many sheeple to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nervously & anxiously needful of it . . . . that perhaps I haven't heard about??? :rolleyes, again, and again:

Kinda reminds of that ol' JD (John Denver) song Blow Up Your TV's. :p More and more sheeple-humans-huphones need to set their phones trackers down, and take a look around. :rolleyes: There's lots and lots of life out there everyday, choke-full of incredibly far-out & beautiful natural wonders. If you don't stop and set your phones trackers down once in a while . . . you might just miss it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What I I don't understand is, WHY DOES ANYONE CARE ??? :confused: :major rolleyes:

What's the big deal? Why the big anxious, panting fever to upgrade your phones OS? :confused: . . . As if life itself depended on it. :rolleyes: As if life itself depended on when you get the JB update? :rolleyes:

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't live my life through my phone tracker. :rolleyes: I don't walk through life, everyday, with my phone tracker practically glued to my hand, like so many of this planets sheeple-humans-huphones do nowadays. :rolleyes: Never have. Never will.
Moreover, after using a GS3 and reading bits & pieces on this AC forum for the last month . . . I've yet to see a single screenshot of JB that looks nicer or more appealing visually, than ICS 4.0 TW ! In fact, every single screenshot of JB that I've seen? looks less visually appealing, and less interesting. :rolleyes, again:
So I for one don't plan on updating to JB, and will wait and see what (Key Lime Pie?) looks like, a little further on down the road.

And I repeat, what's the big deal ??? :confused: Are there some great techno advances with JB that have rendered it to be so worthy of being so coveted; so anticipated; so indispensable, therefore causing so many sheeple to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nervously & anxiously needful of it . . . . that perhaps I haven't heard about??? :rolleyes, again, and again:

Kinda reminds of that ol' JD (John Denver) song Blow Up Your TV's. :p More and more sheeple-humans-huphones need to set their phones trackers down, and take a look around. :rolleyes: There's lots and lots of life out there everyday, choke-full of incredibly far-out & beautiful natural wonders. If you don't stop and set your phones trackers down once in a while . . . you might just miss it.

No one is saying that they will kill themselves if they don't get jelly bean...ur the one that is over exaggerating
We just want to have the latest update on our phones so we can get the new features that we were supposed to have a while ago
If anything, you seem like u will jump of a bridge if someone else mentioned jelly bean lol

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
If someone really wants Jelly Bean, then hear over to XDA and get it. Some may say that those ROMS aren't official or there are always bugs with them. To that, I counter, "Have you seen the AT&T updates? " IMO, the nightly updates from AOKP and CM10 developers are light years ahead of AT&T and Verizon. I get a new update every night and most of the time with new features. It is like Christmas every single day. Screw the carriers!

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
No one is saying that they will kill themselves if they don't get jelly bean...ur the one that is over exaggerating
We just want to have the latest update on our phones so we can get the new features that we were supposed to have a while ago
If anything, you seem like u will jump of a bridge if someone else mentioned jelly bean lol
Okay, that's it !!! . . . That does it !!! . . you just mentioned JB again! :eek: Now, where's the closest bridge coz I'm fixin' to go and take a runnin' leap from it! LOL ;)
Well, I suppose you do have somewhat of a point, smoothy. ;) Okay, okay, I guess I did get a little carried-away there, especially with all my rolling eyes. :D They're almost sore from all that rolling back & forth. :D And, fyi, I really didn't mean to type that much! LOL

Seriously though, smoothy, what are the big 'new features' w/ JB? that seem to have gotten so many S3 user's panties all up in a tizzy over, with such a daily anxious anticipation over? :confused:

As I mentioned above, I've yet to see a JB screenshot that looks as good or better than the ICS TW. I know one thiing, I sure don't want a bunch of floating jelly beans all over my home pages. :rolleyes: And, I think I heard read (somewhere on AC) that the notification drop-down has changed? That's not something that I want; I just updated to [~LH9] a few weeks ago, and thus am very satisfied with the addition of the screen brightness slider, previously missing from [~LG1], and satisfied with the notification drop-down just the way it is.

Now, if there's supposed to be better battery performance, or bluetooth performance, or cell radio performance, or maybe a choice of more than two measly keyboards (my GSII Skyrocket had four keyboards, including Swype); the replacement of a quick little application monitor widget, and maybe an LTE toggle, etc.-etc. . . than those would be a few 'new features' that I might get behind w/ looking forward to. ;)