Anyone got Jelly Bean yet? Its supposedly going to be released this week on AT&T

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well their Cyber Monday sale price was $199.99, so I'm glad I decided to look at that email link on Friday. :)

I noticed your sig line, I was thinking about the Note II also, wanted to see it in person before deciding between it and the S3. Since the S3 was so cheap, I just didn't even consider the Note II. When I went in the AT&T store today, I saw the Note II and I'm glad I didn't get it. It is really too big to handle as a phone and to text with, IMO.

I played with it AFTER I got my S3 and really wish I had waited. My husband was saying He may get it. But He won't use it for what it was intended for. He drops his phone at least once a day and in my opinion doesnt deserve to have that nice of a phone. He doesn't take care of them at all. And He doesn't know how to operate them very Well either. He's technologically stupid. He had to ask me to do a factory reset on his phone. Duh. I told him I could use his upgrade n get the note n He can have my S3. If I throw a fit I'll get my way. Or I'll just wait till He gets his settlement n buy one. Idk. Either way He don't need a note2.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

daflake

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I played with it AFTER I got my S3 and really wish I had waited. My husband was saying He may get it. But He won't use it for what it was intended for. He drops his phone at least once a day and in my opinion doesnt deserve to have that nice of a phone. He doesn't take care of them at all. And He doesn't know how to operate them very Well either. He's technologically stupid. He had to ask me to do a factory reset on his phone. Duh. I told him I could use his upgrade n get the note n He can have my S3. If I throw a fit I'll get my way. Or I'll just wait till He gets his settlement n buy one. Idk. Either way He don't need a note2.

Wow... So glad that I don't have you for a spouse. How about getting your own job and go buy your own phone rather than berate your husband over his choice?

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Got it from AT&T's Black Friday Web sale. I was actually 1.5 months before I could upgrade, so I called AT&T and they approved the upgrade and took the order over the phone and shipped it free overnight. You got a better deal than I did, I paid $29.99 for mine.

Wow, that's still a deal I'd be happy with! I actually called AT&T early in the week and asked them to match the published Black Friday pricing from Sam's, Walmart or Best Buy. I'd have gladly paid $49.99 for the Best Buy match - the worst of the deals. But the AT&T rep "checked with a supervisor" and claimed they would not match ANY other pricing, and they'd be happy to sell me a GS3 on my UPGRADE ELIGIBLE line for "only" $299, that was the best they could do! Even their own website offered it at the time at $199. You obviously got much better customer service from them than I did, despite the fact that I'm on a business account and have been with AT&T for almost 15 years.

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Got it from AT&T's Black Friday Web sale. I was actually 1.5 months before I could upgrade, so I called AT&T and they approved the upgrade and took the order over the phone and shipped it free overnight. You got a better deal than I did, I paid $29.99 for mine.
thats because you basically paid to early upgrade and renew your contract for whatever years you signed up for. actually a pretty cool feature for at@t as gay as they are sometimes

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

You really just trashed your husband in a public forum... Lmao

Sent from my Red GS3

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's still a deal I'd be happy with! I actually called AT&T early in the week and asked them to match the published Black Friday pricing from Sam's, Walmart or Best Buy. I'd have gladly paid $49.99 for the Best Buy match - the worst of the deals. But the AT&T rep "checked with a supervisor" and claimed they would not match ANY other pricing, and they'd be happy to sell me a GS3 on my UPGRADE ELIGIBLE line for "only" $299, that was the best they could do! Even their own website offered it at the time at $199. You obviously got much better customer service from them than I did, despite the fact that I'm on a business account and have been with AT&T for almost 15 years.

Yeah, it was a "web only" and "Black Friday" only sale.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
thats because you basically paid to early upgrade and renew your contract for whatever years you signed up for. actually a pretty cool feature for at@t as gay as they are sometimes

Didn't pay any more than I would have if I had upgraded in January when it was time and yes, extended my contract, which you always have to do with an upgrade at the store.

T-Mobile, my old carrier, never would have upgraded me early, not one day, I would have to pay the price for upgrade that was a bit higher, wouldn't have gotten the phone at that price, even though we used to have 2 accounts with them, 8 lines, one a business account and had been with them for about 15 years or longer. We started with them when they were still PowerTel.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just talked to a "Tech II" rep about something else and I asked him about Jelly Bean. He didn't know anything about the release. He was the absolute worst rep I have ever gotten at AT&T, especially for a Tier 2 rep. He said my phone had the newest Android software that was out for it, "Ice Cream Bar" and he just kept calling it that and even "corrected" me when I called it Ice Cream Sandwich lol

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to a "Tech II" rep about something else and I asked him about Jelly Bean. He didn't know anything about the release. He was the absolute worst rep I have ever gotten at AT&T, especially for a Tier 2 rep. He said my phone had the newest Android software that was out for it, "Ice Cream Bar" and he just kept calling it that and even "corrected" me when I called it Ice Cream Sandwich lol

That is just sad! LOL

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow. There are a lot of impatient people acting like children in this thread.

AT&T has always been slow to release phones and even slower to release updates. If you need to make sure that your phone will be updated right away, buy a Nexus device. Complaining on a public forum is doing absolutely nothing when it comes to getting the update released.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

AT&T has always been slow to release phones and even slower to release updates. If you need to make sure that your phone will be updated right away, buy a Nexus device. Complaining on a public forum is doing absolutely nothing when it comes to getting the update released.

While I agree no one is going to listen to you lol

Sent from my Red GS3

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This thread is full of the LOLs. Either way I just ordered a Nexus 4 a little while ago as a secondary device. Will be fun having 4.2.1 but I'll keep my S3 around because LTE isn't something I can give up easily.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

There is nothing that will do anything to speed up the release, but discussing it on an Android forum is the natural thing to do.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing that will do anything to speed up the release, but discussing it on an Android forum is the natural thing to do.

Discussing the subject is one thing. Continuous whining about not getting your way is a different story.

(I'm not pointing my finger at you. I can't keep track of who has been btching the most. It was just something that stuck out in this thread.)

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc