Anyone got Jelly Bean yet? Its supposedly going to be released this week on AT&T

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is utter, and complete TRASH when it comes to updating their phones. I've only owned iPhones when it comes to smartphones so I'm used to on time updates EVERY TIME!!! There are no excuses this time, and there is absolutely no defending AT&T's slow roll out of Jelly Bean. Canada is now getting Jelly Bean while AT&T is sitting on this update like the inconsiderate corporate folks that they are. I'm so glad my Nexus 4 is coming. I just wish it was coming a little sooner than 5-6 weeks! :mad:

Its worth the wait. Got tired of AT&T lagging on updates and blocking Google Wallet and after trying a Nexus device I won't be getting my phones through the carrier anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I seriously considered slashing my wrists or jumping off a building because Jellybean isn't available yet..................Lord knows my G3 is way behind the power curve without it............

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought my GS3 last August because it was a huge step up from the Windows 7 phone I had become bored with. I did this knowing full well that future updates would be slow going. This same impatience and anger went on when Windows Phone updated to Mango.

I can wait for Jellybean. My GS3 is just fine the way it is. There are so many other important things in my life to deal with besides the Jellybean update on my phone. From what I can see there isn't a whole big difference. I also don't relish the inevitable bugs that may have to be worked out with the upgrade. Look over on the other forums to see the issues caused by the update. Hell, look at the issues after the last OTA update

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I seriously considered slashing my wrists or jumping off a building because Jellybean isn't available yet..................Lord knows my G3 is way behind the power curve without it............

I bought my GS3 last August because it was a huge step up from the Windows 7 phone I had become bored with. I did this knowing full well that future updates would be slow going. This same impatience and anger went on when Windows Phone updated to Mango.

I can wait for Jellybean. My GS3 is just fine the way it is. There are so many other important things in my life to deal with besides the Jellybean update on my phone. From what I can see there isn't a whole big difference. I also don't relish the inevitable bugs that may have to be worked out with the upgrade. Look over on the other forums to see the issues caused by the update. Hell, look at the issues after the last OTA update

I thought you were serious at first but then caught on to the sarcasm lol,seems like all the people complaining should do as you said cause their phones are just too slow w/o the update. :eek:

My one x is better then your one x!!
/
D:
\

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Think of it this way,most of you are probably older then 20,or 30. Most of you didn't grow up with the phones that we have now. Most of you had one of those feature phones,and none of you new what a software update was. Quite possibly you only thought it applied to computers,so I can't imagine why on earth are you guys going crazy over not having a update that your life doesn't depend on. Your phone works just fine,I for a fact know that,I had it.

/
D:
\

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Think of it this way,most of you are probably older then 20,or 30. Most of you didn't grow up with the phones that we have now. Most of you had one of those feature phones,and none of you new what a software update was. Quite possibly you only thought it applied to computers,so I can't imagine why on earth are you guys going crazy over not having a update that your life doesn't depend on. Your phone works just fine,I for a fact know that,I had it.

/
D:
\

Lol sure it may not be that serious, but it makes AT&T look bad to its customers. Yeah my phone works fine, but I also want the best possible experience, the latest updates, and if I am not getting them, I would go to somewhere else who would provide well for their customers. AT&T unsurprisingly got the worst customer service rating in the latest 2012 Consumer Reports review, and it's things like that that they are rated so low

I want to enjoy the latest features on my phone, it may not care to some, but it matters to me! I am a tech guy I want the latest tech and new features if they are available and the provider is supposed to provide it in a timely manner! I want to try the new features and I do not want a custom rom, and I wont jump off a bridge because of it

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol sure it may not be that serious, but it makes AT&T look bad to its customers. Yeah my phone works fine, but I also want the best possible experience, the latest updates, and if I am not getting them, I would go to somewhere else who would provide well for their customers. AT&T unsurprisingly got the worst customer service rating in the latest 2012 Consumer Reports review, and it's things like that that they are rated so low

I want to enjoy the latest features on my phone, it may not care to some, but it matters to me! I am a tech guy I want the latest tech and new features if they are available and the provider is supposed to provide it in a timely manner! I want to try the new features and I do not want a custom rom, and I wont jump off a bridge because of it

But nobody jumps carriers just cause they don't have the update,so its not THAT big of a deal.. :p

/
D:
\

casper5090

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I can wait for an update too. I think one of the things is the "soon" phrase.
The way I see it is if someone is cooking dinner and you ask them when it is done, they reply "soon", you will probably come back around in 10 minutes or so and ask again. If the reply was 30 minutes, you will come back around 30 minutes.
Basically, it is the lack of communication that pisses me off I feel there is very little said on what is going on and when it will happen.

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I can wait for an update too. I think one of the things is the "soon" phrase.
The way I see it is if someone is cooking dinner and you ask them when it is done, they reply "soon", you will probably come back around in 10 minutes or so and ask again. If the reply was 30 minutes, you will come back around 30 minutes.
Basically, it is the lack of communication that pisses me off I feel there is very little said on what is going on and when it will happen.
That is a big part of it. Coupled with two carriers here, the international version has had it for a couple months, now the Canadian carriers rolled it out, and it makes people wonder wtf they are doing. It makes them look bad honestly. If I had an option of another carrier with similar coverage (Sprint and T-mo are pathetic signal-wise here) I would have paid the ETF a while back but not based solely on this. How they got to be the number 2 carrier to begin with is beyond me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar