Visit site
2q33bc9.png

It didnt do anything
Just says 0 succeeded and 0 failed

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The first is follow the instruction in the link that you gave me in post #60. That is not the latest version, but if that gets you to the phone, you can OTA to the most recent.

Next (and your phone is not hosed, it still gets to the boot screen, there is just something I am missing or that is hosed internally) send Skunkape a message and ask him for some advice. He wrote that guide you were following and he knows the ATT version very well. I am sure he can get you straight. I already told him to check into this thread so I imagine he will come by with some wisdom sometime tomorrow.

While you are waiting, I would call att tech support and tell them this: hey, I woke up this morning and my phone was turned off. I turned it back on and it is stuck in a bootloop on the samsung splash screen. I do not know what went wrong, it just shut off. (then will then ask you to get into recovery) You tell them it will not go into recovery. it just goes back to the splash screen.

9 times out of 10, it will end there and they will send you out another unit that is stock. It will be a refurb, but you bought this one used so no big deal. The sgs3 is still covered under the manufacturers warranty so there is no issue there. I am not sure how ATT works, but verizon doesnt try to do anything else after "factory reset", which you cannot do. Usually they overnight it, then you send back the damaged unit.

I am sorry but I am at a loss right now, and I have to get up in 2.5 hours for work. I wish I could see it the rest of the way through for you. I jsut do not know what is going wrong. I have gone from Liquidsmooth to stock and back again without an issue, and just by using odin and the stock image.

I will read up in the liquidsmooth thread to see if there is something there, but it will have to wait until my lunch break.

Any which way you go, please keep me up to date. I will be back on here at 10PM EST so if I come up with anything I will let you know, or if you want to give it another go.

Remember, the phone is not dead, just disabled....it will work again I am sure of that....

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The first is follow the instruction in the link that you gave me in post #60. That is not the latest version, but if that gets you to the phone, you can OTA to the most recent.

Next (and your phone is not hosed, it still gets to the boot screen, there is just something I am missing or that is hosed internally) send Skunkape a message and ask him for some advice. He wrote that guide you were following and he knows the ATT version very well. I am sure he can get you straight. I already told him to check into this thread so I imagine he will come by with some wisdom sometime tomorrow.

While you are waiting, I would call att tech support and tell them this: hey, I woke up this morning and my phone was turned off. I turned it back on and it is stuck in a bootloop on the samsung splash screen. I do not know what went wrong, it just shut off. (then will then ask you to get into recovery) You tell them it will not go into recovery. it just goes back to the splash screen.

9 times out of 10, it will end there and they will send you out another unit that is stock. It will be a refurb, but you bought this one used so no big deal. The sgs3 is still covered under the manufacturers warranty so there is no issue there. I am not sure how ATT works, but verizon doesnt try to do anything else after "factory reset", which you cannot do. Usually they overnight it, then you send back the damaged unit.

I am sorry but I am at a loss right now, and I have to get up in 2.5 hours for work. I wish I could see it the rest of the way through for you. I jsut do not know what is going wrong. I have gone from Liquidsmooth to stock and back again without an issue, and just by using odin and the stock image.

I will read up in the liquidsmooth thread to see if there is something there, but it will have to wait until my lunch break.

Any which way you go, please keep me up to date. I will be back on here at 10PM EST so if I come up with anything I will let you know, or if you want to give it another go.

Remember, the phone is not dead, just disabled....it will work again I am sure of that....

Ok... let me digest what you have already done. I will be getting back to you. Right now need to get ready for work.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes im in the phone

Good I am glad it is up and running... The thing is I do not know what version you are on so you may want to go the the very beginning guide again and make sure you are on stock uprooted so you can get otas

Or you can leave that for another day.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

shadowslayer460

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
4.04 but im defiantly done for the day on flashing phones haha
Im going to cut my losses for the moment and use whatever version that is
Thanks again for all the help!

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This phone has about a1 second window to get into recovery. If you miss that window it will boot normally. If you are in a boot loop then you will remain.

The first thing is to make sure you are not just miss timing the recovery.

Volume up, power and home buttons simultaneously. AS SOON AS YOU SEE THE WORD SAMSUNG RELEASE ALL 3 BUTTONS. Tell me if you note get into recovery.

Then do a factory reset while in recovery.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This phone has about a1 second window to get into recovery. If you miss that window it will boot normally. If you are in a boot loop then you will remain.

The first thing is to make sure you are not just miss timing the recovery.

Volume up, power and home buttons simultaneously. AS SOON AS YOU SEE THE WORD SAMSUNG RELEASE ALL 3 BUTTONS. Tell me if you note get into recovery.

Then do a factory reset while in recovery.

Oh... You got it... Sorry I was to late. But I think it was just him miss timing the recovery...

shadowslayer460

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
It could have been me missing it and i do apologize if it was my fault ive been at this for about 9 hours straight so it gets a bit tiring.
The amount of help from this forum well exceeded anything ive ever got on any other site though and i appreciate that.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
It could have been me missing it and i do apologize if it was my fault ive been at this for about 9 hours straight so it gets a bit tiring.
The amount of help from this forum well exceeded anything ive ever got on any other site though and i appreciate that.

These phones are pretty forgiving. As long as you don't flash something meant for a different carrier (if you have an at&t phone don't flash something for Sprint or Verizon) you will be ok. As long as you can still get into Odin it is fixable. :D

I've probably done more flashing in Odin with this phone than anyone. Lol

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Good I am glad it is up and running... The thing is I do not know what version you are on so you may want to go the the very beginning guide again and make sure you are on stock uprooted so you can get otas

Or you can leave that for another day.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Good job piizzadude.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Kies isnt recognizing the phone as stock so now i would follow the original guide and then that would be set?

You may have to reroot your phone and run triangle away immediately prior returning to stock. Returning to stock in itself won't clear the flash counts. That is most likely the reason it is saying your phone is modified. You must be rooted to run triangle away.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton