Pop Herald JB Rumors = False

savingsfriend

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Pop Herald made up the JB rumor just to gain some traffic. Funny how they now say may be a few weeks to a month. I wonder if the whole story was made up.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I think deep down we all knew it was made up! While it was a nice thought but sadly att will drag their feet. I'm guessing sometime in DEC we may see the JB update. but I hope later today I can come back to this post and make a "I have my foot in my mouth!" post saying that I was wrong! :p The one time that I don't mind being incorrect. :p

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they will release JB alongside of the Galaxy Camera? If Samsung has had JB ready, and on plenty of S3 devices worldwide. From a business standpoint, is there any real reason for AT&T to hold out on pushing out this update? I mean they already have our money(when we purchased the phone, and signed a new 2 year contract), and when we pay our bill every month. Makes no sense really.

Franchise13

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe they will release JB alongside of the Galaxy Camera? If Samsung has had JB ready, and on plenty of S3 devices worldwide. From a business standpoint, is there any real reason for AT&T to hold out on pushing out this update? I mean they already have our money(when we purchased the phone, and signed a new 2 year contract), and when we pay our bill every month. Makes no sense really.

They use the newer OS to push newer phones and get more 2yr contracts I'd imagine. Only line of thinking I can really see. Maybe use JB as a leverage point when a competitor releases something new?

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
They use the newer OS to push newer phones and get more 2yr contracts I'd imagine. Only line of thinking I can really see. Maybe use JB as a leverage point when a competitor releases something new?
Coming from an iPhone, it really sucks being at the mercy of AT&T for software updates. Especially considering the SIII is still a relatively new device. I guess I wouldn't be so upset if everyone else didn't already have this update. I'm just not used to slower updates OS updates like this.
I also tweeted @att asking about the update but of course I didn't get a response from them.

Last edited:

Targon

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone, it really sucks being at the mercy of AT&T for software updates. Especially considering the SIII is still a relatively new device. I guess I wouldn't be so upset if everyone else didn't already have this update. I'm just not used to slower updates OS updates like this.
I also tweeted @att asking about the update but of course I didn't get a response from them.

For what it is worth, we will probably see more of a change with Jelly Bean than the iPhone will see until iOS 7 or whatever the version for next year is called. Other than maintenance releases, how many feature addition updates does Apple actually put out there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca