Love my s3 but the Note2...

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So it's only been about a month with my S3 and I love it but I'm like a ferret when it comes to gadgets...ooo shiney...look over here. The Note 2 has really grabbed my attention but now that I've used my upgrade to get the s3 for cheap the only way I'll be able to get the Note 2 is if someone wants to trade or else its 650 which I don't have. So where do I look? Craigslist is always sketchy and eBay, well eBay is eBay and there are no trades there.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
nobody would trade a note 2 for an s3 straight up... obviously. but IMO the note 2 is far too big for a cell phone. its not easy to use for things like,.... making calls? it looks like a walkie talkie on your ear.

go to a retailer and check it out. make sure you want to trade first, let the lust wear off a bit too... its only new for awhile, then the next big thing is here... a vicous cycle

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
nobody would trade a note 2 for an s3 straight up... obviously. but IMO the note 2 is far too big for a cell phone. its not easy to use for things like,.... making calls? it looks like a walkie talkie on your ear.

go to a retailer and check it out. make sure you want to trade first, let the lust wear off a bit too... its only new for awhile, then the next big thing is here... a vicous cycle

I disagree I think as a phone it's fine and its great for other media as well making it an all around great phone. And honestly I don't care what it looks like up to my ear why because I hate people why would I care what they have to say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My wife is crazy in love with her Galaxy Note. How do I know? Because she says so everyday. :rolleyes: She loves everything about it. You name it . .and she loves it. :rolleyes:
For me, they are larger than I personally prefer for a phone to be. But again, my better half doesn't mind the size at all. Besides, when it's up to her ear . . .she's not looking at it. :cool:
And she rarely, if ever, makes phone calls whilst looking at herself in a mirror. lol :D

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
You never know with trades, I really seen crazier stuff happen. Of course I could just wait for the s4. I honestly believe that the new 5" screen samsung is debuting at CES is going to be the screen for the s4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Very untrue.. You gotta check Craigslist more. Do you know how many people run out buying the Note thinking they will love it but then decide they don't due to the phone being to big? There is always some that happens like this. A guy at work on Verizon just did a swap for a note 2 with his s3 because the guy with the Note loved the phone but just decided it was to big for him.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

OldSkoolVWLover

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Initially I thought the Note was insane for a phone, as time has moved on, it doesn't seem as crazy to me (for the size).

The couple of things that have gotten me to evolve my thinking is that I don't talk on the phone that much at all, and bluetooth. I've got bluetooth stereo headphones with a mic, I've got bluetooth in the car, bluetooth on the home phone. I could really almost eliminate using my phone being held up to my ear if I wanted to. Now the reason I wouldn't go with a Note is because it is probably a lil too big to be safe in my pocket, and I want inductive charging which is why I am looking at the GS3.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well it's listed, we'll see if anyone wants to trade.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well it's listed, we'll see if anyone wants to trade.

If you have a backup phone, may be easier to sell the S3 and then pay full price at ATT.

StuffOfInterest

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My coworker just received his GN2. He is finding it a bit too big for one hand use and is considering switching back to a smaller device. Try the GN2 before committing and consider your usage pattern. It is a great device but not the best option for many.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Tried it for awhile in the store and loved it. I guess once your used to the S3 then the Note2 isn't that bad. Of course the S4 is going to have samsungs new 5" screen being debuted at CES this year. So I my just wait until I can renew again next summer for the S4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12