AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

michko

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
No go for me. Updated Kies. Rebooted computer and plugged s3 in, got the upgrade pop up, selected it and the nothing.

Say it was downloading but no go.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No go for me. Updated Kies. Rebooted computer and plugged s3 in, got the upgrade pop up, selected it and the nothing.

Say it was downloading but no go.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

So it was downloading but it just randomly quit downloading or what? What do you mean by "no go"?

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
If you are having trouble with Kies recognizing your phone, try a different or standard, i.e. "non-charging" USB cable. I switched cables and the update popped right in. Nice. Thanks all for the heads up to go get it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Friggin update system.

It downloaded fine. Sat and waited. Said "Preparing for upgrade" then boom, I get the "Battery is Low, Recharge now..." message!! Hello ya stupid machine, the phone is PLUGGED INTO THE COMPUTER CHARGING. So now it just quits and won't proceed.

JRock80

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Not seeing an update via kies. Updated kies, no change. Uninstalled kies, downloaded from keis website, no change. Used 2 different Samsung USB cables, no change. Anything else to try?

Did kies ever connect to your phone?

Are you using a USB hub? If so, hook the cable directly into one of the PC slots.

JRock80

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Friggin update system.

It downloaded fine. Sat and waited. Said "Preparing for upgrade" then boom, I get the "Battery is Low, Recharge now..." message!! Hello ya stupid machine, the phone is PLUGGED INTO THE COMPUTER CHARGING. So now it just quits and won't proceed.

It is best to charge your battery to 100% when flashing a rom or doing a firmware upgrade. That is the new basis the software will use for your battery calibration. Although you are charging your phone while updating, the charge generated by a USB port is not enough to sustain the phone during a high CPU usage when updating firmware. To prevent any damage to your phone, it is best to have it charged at least 40% to ensure it does not die while updating. YMMV

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine already download... i just have to wait... Because my batt is low... What do you think my batt level has to be before it lets me install it?

Phone has to be a 50% or greater before Kies will allow the upgrade, which is ironic as today was the day that I decided to see how long my battery would last. I saw that the update was available and I have 16% battery, of course.

Oddly you can't encourage a charger to work any faster, wishing doesn't make the electrons flow faster either...

JRock80

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
How do you install jelly bean on youe gs3 using kies? I am new to it and have not one clue.

Once you install Kies and connect your phone there is a button on the main screen that says "Firmware Upgrade/Update." Press that and follow the instructions. Make sure your battery is fully charged before you begin.

DRUETSR

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Did kies ever connect to your phone?

Are you using a USB hub? If so, hook the cable directly into one of the PC slots.

No still not seeing the update. Kies shows the phone is connected, but the section that shows Firmware Information has Current firmware version and nothing after it. I tried deleting kies again and reinstalled it, no luck. Plugged directly into the PC (Windows 7, 64) USB slot, tried multiple slots.

Non Plus

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you know how to install the new 4.1.1 update using kies over the PC? I have kies open but i do not know how to install it or where to find it for that matter.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you know how to install the new 4.1.1 update using kies over the PC? I have kies open but i do not know how to install it or where to find it for that matter.

Go to Help in Kies and update the program. Then hook your phone up and it will prompt you to upgrade.

skunk8pe

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine auto detected the update. Took about a half hour from start tonfinish but worked. Seemed like it hung for a while a few times. Patience is not my fortay... Let it run and do its job.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz