AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just tried this update via Kies method and my AT&T GS3 is now fcuked!

I am on JB, But now it's stuck in an endless loop. It boots, gets to the home screen then freezes and crashes and reboots again. And again. And again.

I STRONGLY advise people to wait until the official AT&T update.

Off to the AT&T store I go tomorrow. Hopefully they can help.

Did you do a factory reset yet? If not, you should.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap we've been waiting a LONG time for this. Had some hiccups at first but I can now say I'm running 4.1.1! Now just to wait for AT&T to hit us with 4.1.2 so we get some multi-window lovin' ;)

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Still stuck on this, with my phone having the android on it saying "downloading....do not turn off target!!". Not sure what I'm supposed to do, if anything. It's been on 0% for almost half an hour.

Ugh, STILL at 0%, with the downloading screen on my phone. what the hell?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Still stuck on this, with my phone having the android on it saying "downloading....do not turn off target!!". Not sure what I'm supposed to do, if anything. It's been on 0% for almost half an hour.

I just started mine and it just finished downloading a couple of minutes ago and now my computer screen says it is on 17% for updating..I'm not sure what to tell you. Did you try Samsung's live chat?

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It won't let me connect to Kies. Also, my mac book won't allow to Kies to update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Make sure your phone is connected as "A Media Device" Not as Camera. I also have a macbook pro and mine updated just fine (Kies that is).

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Here are the steps. Good idea to do after you update and before you personalize it. There was a tethering issue that kept popping up on the Captivate after we all upgraded to GB and it took a factory reset to get rid of that.

If you'd like to reset your Samsung Galaxy S3 to its original factory settings, the process is really quite simple.

First, tap the options button under the screen (it's on the left).

Then, tap settings. Go to the "Personal" section and click "Back up and reset." From there, tap "factory reset." You're done!

Beware that all of your personal data will be lost...

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Only flaw that i found in Kies is that it synced all my music without putting it into folders. Ringtones, notification tones, music, etc., is all mixed together. I have it all, but just not in the way that i wanted it.:'(

winexprt

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Here are the steps. Good idea to do after you update and before you personalize it. There was a tethering issue that kept popping up on the Captivate after we all upgraded to GB and it took a factory reset to get rid of that.

If you'd like to reset your Samsung Galaxy S3 to its original factory settings, the process is really quite simple.

First, tap the options button under the screen (it's on the left).

Then, tap settings. Go to the "Personal" section and click "Back up and reset." From there, tap "factory reset." You're done!

Beware that all of your personal data will be lost...

Oh. I thought it was something different. I tried that but it freezes and restarts before I can click on the factory reset button.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
From start to finish including installing Kies on my PC it took me about 40 minutes. My phone was off when I read this thread about JB being available so I turned it on, downloaded and installed Kies on my PC, connected the phone to the PC and did the firmware update. Went smoothly, no problems. I'm really interested in seeing if JB improves battery usage since I'm ready to order a belt clip hardcase and the battery usage will determine if I need to order the Seidio Active extended battery w/ Hyperion 4200 or can get the Body Glove ToughSuit (by far my preference).

I did not back up my data because when I upgraded my Galaxy S I didn't do it and had no problems. I just got my S3 on Black Friday and my pictures, contacts, Exchange Server email & texts are all still there.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
All you that are having issues..y'all had started upgrading before I did. I started 26 minutes ago and my phone just rebooted. I would get on the Live Chat with Samsung if someone more knowledgeable isn't on this thread.

Also, anyone that is having issues with Kies, when we did the Gingerbread update, I know many had to uninstall Kies and download it again to get updates to show up for them.

Last edited:

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I just did a live chat with a Samsung rep and they had me do a soft reset w/ a battery pull. Seems to be downloading now. It better be, I'm tired and need to go to bed but I need this more, haha.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I just did a live chat with a Samsung rep and they had me do a soft reset w/ a battery pull. Seems to be downloading now. It better be, I'm tired and need to go to bed but I need this more, haha.

I have found the Samsung Reps on live chat to be quite helpful in the past. It shouldn't take long, my internet is a bit slow tonight and it took me 26 mins beginning to end.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Holy crap we've been waiting a LONG time for this. Had some hiccups at first but I can now say I'm running 4.1.1! Now just to wait for AT&T to hit us with 4.1.2 so we get some multi-window lovin' ;)

Will you be happy after that? Or will you want the next firmware?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante