AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I thought it was doing fine now, but it went into the 2nd firmware upgrade progress screen, and is still stuck at 0%. Does it just say that for awhile before it does anything, or what?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Update is really slow for me. It's taken over an hour to get to 50% and nothing has happened with my phone yet.:(

What is your internet speed like right now?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Air Kies basically comes with JB so guess that is an app I can do away with.

RX2000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I tried a couple of times to update mine with no luck so far. The first time it got to 4% downloading the update & hung for about 30 minutes so I unplugged it & reset the phone. Then I tried it again & it downloaded & then showed the screen on the phone that says "Do not turn off target" & would never go any farther than 0% after an hour.

I took the battery out of the phone (this is what Samsung chat support advised me to do.) My phone still works, but when I plugged it back into my comp again Kies wanted to run the emergency recovery. Honestly at this point I am just super frustrated & want to go to bed. I've been trying to upgrade this thing for like 3+ hours now. Since my phone appears to be working fine I'm not even gonna do the emergency recovery thing. I'm just gonna wait til I get home tomorrow & try to upgrade it again after they get some of the kinks worked out of it.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

Awesome, ended up getting a Kies Mac that works on Mountain Lion and JB. Everything worked smoothly once Kies updated twice.

I like the new folders and notification drop down.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I tried a couple of times to update mine with no luck so far. The first time it got to 4% downloading the update & hung for about 30 minutes so I unplugged it & reset the phone. Then I tried it again & it downloaded & then showed the screen on the phone that says "Do not turn off target" & would never go any farther than 0% after an hour.

I took the battery out of the phone (this is what Samsung chat support advised me to do.) My phone still works, but when I plugged it back into my comp again Kies wanted to run the emergency recovery. Honestly at this point I am just super frustrated & want to go to bed. I've been trying to upgrade this thing for like 3+ hours now. Since my phone appears to be working fine I'm not even gonna do the emergency recovery thing. I'm just gonna wait til I get home tomorrow & try to upgrade it again after they get some of the kinks worked out of it.

I don't think there is going to be any "kinks" worked out. Even when we found that issue with the tethering error showing up on GB, they didn't do anything about it but tell you to do a reset on your phone and that took care of it, so they didn't change anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Im getting about 8 MB down at the moment. I have 25 MB but I dont usually get that over wifi. My comp is at the other end of my house.

Do you have your phone connected to your computer with wifi and trying to update this?

My computer won't let me check since the JB update is downloading on kies. At least I'm at about 65% now.

Well it's moving up faster now, it's a very big file to download. It shouldn't take but just a few minutes after the download is finished.

ZW1990

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

My phone says downloading and do not turn off target let's see what happens.

RX2000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I don't think there is going to be any "kinks" worked out. Even when we found that issue with the tethering error showing up on GB, they didn't do anything about it but tell you to do a reset on your phone and that took care of it, so they didn't change anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have your phone connected to your computer with wifi and trying to update this?

My computer is on wifi. My phone is connected to my computer with a USB cable.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm waiting for the Ota update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Seems like a good idea at this point lol

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

My phone says downloading and do not turn off target let's see what happens.

That's when it is updating your actual phone. I still had a screen from Kies telling me what percent that was at also.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

My computer is on wifi. My phone is connected to my computer with a USB cable.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like a good idea at this point lol

Oh ok..I wondered when you were saying that about wifi.

I didn't have any problem at all, only thing I did was pull my battery out before I started because I hadn't registered this phone yet and had redone my computer since the last upgrade. I had to download Kies again and while that was downloading I registered my phone and was trying to see if there was something that would tell me which actual S3 it was since they had so many listed at their site.

I had a new download of Kies and turned my phone off before I started and didn't have an issue at all.

Last edited:

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Where can we download the latest version of Kies from?

ZW1990

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

Took 2 hours but I can now say I have Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on my Galaxy S3 :D

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site

Where can I contact Samsung for support, my update hung up for 30 min so I disconnected and now I cannot get past firmware encountered a issue please select recover mode in kies and try again. Kies doesn't see the phone when I try to do that,

rccb626

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Do I have to loose all my app data in this update?
I really feel like rooting my phone just to install Titanium Backup.