AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

mu5icpimp

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Had a few hiccups but it's running fine for me.

Took roughly around 45-55 minutes all together.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Where can I contact Samsung for support, my update hung up for 30 min so I disconnected and now I cannot get past firmware encountered a issue please select recover mode in kies and try again. Kies doesn't see the phone when I try to do that,

Click this link and it will open the Cell Phone live chat support for you and then you enter the info it is asking.

https://sales.liveperson.net/hc/49151746/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=49151746&byhref=1&SESSIONVAR!skill=CellPhones

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sweet! I like it! Only took 40 min and my display pretty much the same with the smoothness of jelly bean. Now I can stop seeing all you crying women moaning about when jelly bean will be released! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Two Kies uninstalls and reinstalls later plus 36 minutes and I finally have Jelly Bean!! yay!

Ok now my next question; I have Google Now on and it says all you have to do is speak "google" to wake it up but that doesn't work from the home screen and the home button still brings up S Voice.

soli2005

May 13, 2012
Visit site
It won't let me connect to Kies. Also, my mac book won't allow to Kies to update.

My mac won't let me update Kies either :mad: Every time I've had an update (past experience with my Captivate), it never goes smoothly. I always resort to using a PC. Gonna meet up my friend tomorrow. The wait is killing me!!!

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung kies software is pretty crap from my experience with the gs3. Congrats on getting Jelly Bean though! Its about time they released it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site

Click this link and it will open the Cell Phone live chat support for you and then you enter the info it is asking.

https://sales.liveperson.net/hc/49151746/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=49151746&byhref=1&SESSIONVAR!skill=CellPhones

Thanks, I got with Samsung and he got the emergency recovery started, but it's been running for a while now and won't go past 5%. If this doesn't work he said I would have to call Samsung :(

mtech5

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Finally! The first time it didn't install, had to use recovery mode. Tried it again and it work. Awesome!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, I got with Samsung and he got the emergency recovery started, but it's been running for a while now and won't go past 5%. If this doesn't work he said I would have to call Samsung :(

Hopefully this will do it. I remember when I updated my Captivate, there was some screen that it stayed on for a while for many of us, but it was still doing something, just didn't look like it was.

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I got it going after Kies-uninstall-reinstall-freeze drama. I like it but dread the months wait for 4.1.2v and 4.2. Next December maybe. :)

inthegalaxy

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Will they be a OTA update? My kies will not recognize my s3 say reboot in pc studio mode debugging. I have debugging turned on. This sucks. Kies sucks

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Will they be a OTA update? My kies will not recognize my s3 say reboot in pc studio mode debugging. I have debugging turned on. This sucks. Kies sucks

I don't think there is going to be an OTA release. I would seriously uninstall and then reinstall Kies first.

From the Samsung page:

This update is available through Windows and Mac computers using the Samsung Kies software application only. This update will not be made available over-the-air.

SAMSUNG

Last edited: