AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I cant for the life of me get it to go past the download of the firmware which goes by strangely fast uninstalling now for the 3rd time hope it goes through

schreiby

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I cant for the life of me get it to go past the download of the firmware which goes by strangely fast uninstalling now for the 3rd time hope it goes through

Same thing happened to me. The old Kies software keeps getting uninstalled while the updated Kies keeps being installed. What am I left with? No Kies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

inRub

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Still stuck on this, with my phone having the android on it saying "downloading....do not turn off target!!". Not sure what I'm supposed to do, if anything. It's been on 0% for almost half an hour.

Reboot phone and try again. Make sure battery is near 90% and use USB 2.0 port with nothing else plugged in.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My mac won't let me update Kies either :mad: Every time I've had an update (past experience with my Captivate), it never goes smoothly. I always resort to using a PC. Gonna meet up my friend tomorrow. The wait is killing me!!!
You need to update Kies software on the Mac. I upgraded my phone via Kies running Mountain Lion effortlessly. Not sure why so many are having so many problems.

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My intermittently working 1.3 MBps AT&T home wifi failed the update 3 times so I first tethered the SG3 to my PC laptop wirelessly (4G!) and then connected with USB. Kies popped up and l updated successfully and quickly. So if you don't mind losing about 4/5 of a gig of your contract data you might want to try my method. I am now 4.1.1

You might alternately try the update at a library or somewhere with fast WIFI.

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Kies for mac and open the program up and plug my phone in and nothing happens. It will not recognize my phone.

Any solutions??? Thanks!

NewMind83

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
K, I got it to work this morning! I powered my phone off and back on before connecting and that did the trick I guess.

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. After 10mins or so, I clicked <cancel> and received "are you sure you want to stop this install" (or something similar). I clicked <no>, then it proceeded past the "hotfix" portion, and completed.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
K, I got it to work this morning! I powered my phone off and back on before connecting and that did the trick I guess.

I also did that, but not with the intention of cutting it off before updating. Maybe that's why mine went so smoothly.

wayneg51

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Firmware upgrade process screen says 100%. Phone stuck saying Downloading...Do not turn off target. Waited over 2 hours, no change. Disconnected and rebooted phone. Ran update again, same thing, computer screen says 100%, phone stuck saying Downloading...Do not turn off target! Stayed that way all night. Any ideas?

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Funny the variety of problems folks are experiencing. I was advised of the JB update right away. Have tried 3X to install it. It goes out each time to download the firmware, but when it starts to install, Kies appears to close and I see NO activity on PC or phone!

soli2005

May 13, 2012
Visit site
You need to update Kies software on the Mac. I upgraded my phone via Kies running Mountain Lion effortlessly. Not sure why so many are having so many problems.

It won't update even Kies before I plug in my phone. Wish I was on your end of not having problems.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It won't update even Kies before I plug in my phone. Wish I was on your end of not having problems.

What version of OSX are you running? Before this update I didn't have Kies, nor truly understand what it was so I had to go to Samsungs website to download it. Make sure you have the current version of Java installed before you upgrade Kies. If it is not current you can't upgrade. Hope that helps, and good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude