AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

I am getting "Device connection disrupted error" while upgrading to Jelly bean from Kies.
Please help

Thanks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I am getting "Device connection disrupted error" while upgrading to Jelly bean from Kies.
Please help

Thanks!!!

Sounds like one of three things:
1. Bad Cable
2. Bad USB Port or connection (i.e., not plugged in all the way)
3. Bad USB Bus on the computer.

First, make sure the cable is fully plugged in and try again.
If it still fails, change USB ports.
If it still fails, try a different cable.
If it still fails, try a different computer.
If it still fails, contact Samsung or return the phone as defective.

nfantbabyjesus

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Had that problem. Then I went to another computer and was able to do the upgrade in no time. In retrospect, I think the anti virus/firewall settings on the first computer might have caused it to be stuck at 99%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

awesome...ill try to switch over to a different computer tomorrow.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe try turning off firewall temporarily? Also, make sure you have the latest version of Kies.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I had similar difficulties. I downloaded the most current version of Kies, enabled USB debugging and updated Java on an older desktop pc that we have had for 6 years. I went to my Windows 7 laptop and updated Kies. I enabled USB debugging, and disabled strict mode and screen updates. I ran the update and pulled the battery for two minutes and restarted the device. I successfully repeated the process on my son's GS3 that he got to replace his i4.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

nfantbabyjesus

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I had similar difficulties. I downloaded the most current version of Kies, enabled USB debugging and updated Java on an older desktop pc that we have had for 6 years. I went to my Windows 7 laptop and updated Kies. I enabled USB debugging, and disabled strict mode and screen updates. I ran the update and pulled the battery for two minutes and restarted the device. I successfully repeated the process on my son's GS3 that he got to replace his i4.

i have no idea how to do that. lol. i know how to use the internet, that's about all when it comes to computers.

any help on how to figure that out? im also running windows 7

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If you go to an AT&T DEVICE center, not just a store, they will flash JB in your phone for you.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
i have no idea how to do that. lol. i know how to use the internet, that's about all when it comes to computers.

any help on how to figure that out? im also running windows 7

My laptop is a Windows 7 device. Go to Settings/Developer Options/ and select or enable USB debugging. Then, make sure that screen update and strict mode are disabled or unchecked. Make sure your phone is charged. Open Kies. Connect your GS3. Don't disconnect until prompted. Pull the battery and leave it out for two. Then, restart your phone. Kies is a little inconsistent so you may have to try more than a couple of times.

YOSEP951

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Iv been trying to update through kies but every time it gets to 100% of the downloading firmware upgrade things (the first part) it then stays there for 10 minutes then kies just shuts off. I have updated kies, uninstalled and reinstalled, updated java, selected usb debugging and everything. I had my s3 rooted but reset it to stock before trying to update the first ime. The binary count is still saying 5 tho. Help meee!!!

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Iv been trying to update through kies but every time it gets to 100% of the downloading firmware upgrade things (the first part) it then stays there for 10 minutes then kies just shuts off. I have updated kies, uninstalled and reinstalled, updated java, selected usb debugging and everything. I had my s3 rooted but reset it to stock before trying to update the first ime. The binary count is still saying 5 tho. Help meee!!!

Had this same problem. As someone stated above, take it to a AT&T device center. Worked for me.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I talked to samsung people and apparently AT&T only released JB for certain people at random. Sucks I wasn't lucky today

Seems there is an AT&T OTA update coming out, but it is about half the size of the original update and I've not seen any details about it, just heard about it today.

AT&T does OTA updates by regions, it will get to you also, may take a couple of days.

Daniel Hakim

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Jelly Bean Update FINALLY Available via Kies!!!!!

Seems there is an AT&T OTA update coming out, but it is about half the size of the original update and I've not seen any details about it, just heard about it today.

AT&T does OTA updates by regions, it will get to you also, may take a couple of days.

- - - Updated - - -

tdurhamjr

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Mine was stuck and I did as someone else suggested and hooked up the Samsung charging cable and it immediately started working. I had an aftermarket charger on my office PC and that was the problem. I had a hacked version of JB and it was giving me problems so I am so excited that they FINALLY got a official JB release for Cspire S3 :)

imaqtnanny143

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! I have tried to get the JB update for my HTC ONE X and haven't been successful. I have changed the date on my phone, restarted it, and nothing happened. I went to the settings menu clicked on the update tab and nothing. My husband and I are on the sake account and he was able to update his phone last night with no problems. Does anyone have any ideas. I am fresh out! Thank you for the help.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone! I have tried to get the JB update for my HTC ONE X and haven't been successful. I have changed the date on my phone, restarted it, and nothing happened. I went to the settings menu clicked on the update tab and nothing. My husband and I are on the sake account and he was able to update his phone last night with no problems. Does anyone have any ideas. I am fresh out! Thank you for the help.

I think you would get more information if you headed to the htc one x subforum. I would link it but i dont know how to do ot through the app.

Edit: figured it out

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=261419
At&t HTC One X Jellybean Update Pulled

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums