Flashing red border since JB update

chrisfast

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to JB this morning and now my phone keeps flashing a red border. I run a photo wall live background and my pictures randomly flash too. I'd rather not have to go to the att store. They'll take an hour and then finally give me a refurb. I'd rather avoid that. Hopefully there is an easy fix.

Sent from my Nexus 7

jpullins

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings then developer's options and unchecked show screen update

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

chrisfast

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Did all of the above. Did the factory reset. Boy, I forgot what a pain it is to put everything back to where it was. Went to developer options. It wasn't checked, but I turned it on, then back off.
The only thing still screwed up is the photo wall. It still flashes randomly. I guess I could live with it, but it definitely didn't do it before the update. Really appreciate you guys trying to help with this. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7

AjayKohli

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Im having the flashing red frame issue also...after i installed JElly Bean here in Canada...

I did a battery reset for a couple of minutes and the red flash seems to be gone...so far(fingers crossed)
I have launched numerous apps and the flas seems to be gone.

If it comes back i will post...

thanks for the tips

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't it be simpler to use a different wallpaper? Just curious since I'm fairly new to Android and am hesitant to update since my phone works fine, minus the usual GS3 poor low light camera performance.. It seems there are always problems with OS updates and like the saying goes, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.. I'd love to hear from everyone as to whether the update made their phone FAR better than before in all ways imaginable. I get amazing battery life, the phone never crashes and everything works pretty much as it should with an occasional hiccup here and there.

earlallen911

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung 10.1 tablet. Same thing happened after Jellbean update.

Turn off Developer options 'strict mode' and 'Show screen updates' mode. Then restarted pad.

Solved flashing red border problem.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung 10.1 tablet. Same thing happened after Jellbean update.

Turn off Developer options 'strict mode' and 'Show screen updates' mode. Then restarted pad.

Solved flashing red border problem.

This appears to have worked. I was about to do a factory reset and start over.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S III Handheld Device

jvak55

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't it be simpler to use a different wallpaper? Just curious since I'm fairly new to Android and am hesitant to update since my phone works fine, minus the usual GS3 poor low light camera performance.. It seems there are always problems with OS updates and like the saying goes, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.. I'd love to hear from everyone as to whether the update made their phone FAR better than before in all ways imaginable. I get amazing battery life, the phone never crashes and everything works pretty much as it should with an occasional hiccup here and there.

I have 2 SIII's and did the update to Jelly Bean on both of them ,they are stock,no launchers or stuff like that.
Both seem much smoother when going in & out of apps and battery life is fine as it was before .Love the zoom in/out feature on right side of phone.
For me the upgrade was worth it , it's a phone so as long as it does what it should I'm good with it,in the same sense if I was having issues as some here are I would not be happy about it.

Wdolphina123

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. I noticed the red flash screen when I went to settings >accessibility. It hurt my eyes when the whole animated red screen had flashed. So I turned it off. Hope this helps:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

miguel aguallo

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
actually sir everything is ok the guy below that said to uncheck screen update in developer settings is wrong but he was close tho what it really is is that the strict mode box was checked. as soon as he told to uncheck the sreen update i went to do so an on my s2 the inly thing it this developer options that was checked was my strict mode. the screen update box flashes like a really rapid set of rainbow colors trust me go check it out and everything is fine i got scared to but it really is no big deal k promise.sgh t989 tmobiles s2 titanium addition 4g

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood