Status Bar in 4.1.1

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine's black, after updating to JB 4.1.1. Same black as it was with ICS. Does it really matter?:p

Only to those of us that actually notice it. Being a person that can't sit in a room with a picture that isn't straight on the wall, yeah, it bugs me lol. I would imagine it also bugs people that are very artistic as they will notice a slight color difference that many won't.

Now as a girl, I have the color figured out. It's like the colors in some hosiery that you will find. There is "off black" and "jet black" and off black is a "softer" gray black, charcoal and jet black is darker, blue black. While you think just looking at them that it doesn't make a difference, if you have to wear them, then it most certainly makes a difference in the look with the entire outfit. When you hit the menu button on the phone, the menu that pops up is that off black and not jet black, it's that same color. I get that it won't matter or be noticeable to many, but if the status bar was changed back to that jet black, you would notice the difference, many would think the colors on the screen were richer and fuller, but it would be the status bar making it look that way.

Left is after the update and right is after. Mine screen is the same brightness setting in both pics, but look at the before pic, the icons "pop" more and are easier to see.

Attachments

• home screen.jpg
    home screen.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_2012-11-28-15-40-01.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-28-15-40-01.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 29

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I honestly couldn't remember this so had to go look up images of it (was too long ago). By the maker you are so right! Guess Samsung went back to the color they like.

Yeah it is the same and I didn't notice an issue with it in Froyo, but when we upgraded to GB, it was very noticeable and it made the entire screen look so much better. It's like if you have a picture and you frame it with the right and the wrong frame, it is amazing how much better a bad picture will look in the right frame and how bad a good picture will look in the wrong frame.

Also, I just got off my Captivate a week ago and the GB update was just the first of the year and the first update to an Android I had ever done with AT&T or Kies. Before it was T-Mobile and OTA, so all that made it easy for me to remember lol

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
weird, mine's still black

It's "black" it's just a gray black not black, black but there will be some that won't notice it. They might notice something is different, but won't notice exactly what it is.

ON A SIDE NOTE: How are you guys uploading pics with the mobile app? I tried and can't get one to upload and even tried to log on through the browser, can only upload on the computer.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine looks black

2012-12-05%2014.41.50.png

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
just noticed that. It autodownloads to my dropbox and I guess the link was hosed

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16341322/2012-12-05 14.41.50.png

While here on my computer, it looks black it's against a white background here, but if I open your pic on my phone, where there is a black background for pics, it is very noticeably (to me) charcoal. Now you might not notice it, but I grew up with a painter, artist, not house painter :) and I can see the difference.

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it is the same and I didn't notice an issue with it in Froyo, but when we upgraded to GB, it was very noticeable and it made the entire screen look so much better. It's like if you have a picture and you frame it with the right and the wrong frame, it is amazing how much better a bad picture will look in the right frame and how bad a good picture will look in the wrong frame.

Also, I just got off my Captivate a week ago and the GB update was just the first of the year and the first update to an Android I had ever done with AT&T or Kies. Before it was T-Mobile and OTA, so all that made it easy for me to remember lol

I agree with this description (as well as your previous one too). At first glance whenever I turn my phone on now the bar looks to be out of focus.

I loved my Captivate till the GB install decided to make it buggy (still have it, but running CM10 and only using it as a music player). But yeah, I can see why it is easier for you to remember. lol

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
While here on my computer, it looks black it's against a white background here, but if I open your pic on my phone, where there is a black background for pics, it is very noticeably (to me) charcoal. Now you might not notice it, but I grew up with a painter, artist, not house painter :) and I can see the difference.

I suppose if I had black wallpaper I might notice it and it might bother me. Haven't tried that yet.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I suppose if I had black wallpaper I might notice it and it might bother me. Haven't tried that yet.

But if it went back to the black, black, you would think your entire screen looked so much better with much richer colors and think it was a software update that made everything look better. That's just not a noticeable thing for everyone. One way you can tell the difference, I have an app that does the weather here and it puts the temp in the status bar. Before, it was just the white temp there, now there is a little black box that you can see. It's not a huge difference to most people, but then to those of us that "see it" it is a huge difference :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Let's see if you can tell here, which this was funny also when we were playing with S Voice lol

The temp looks more like just a white icon and not a black box with the white temp in it here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-29-17-56-14.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-29-17-56-14.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 23

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Let's see if you can tell here, which this was funny also when we were playing with S Voice lol

The temp looks more like just a white icon and not a black box with the white temp in it here.

Where did you get this wallpaper? Or wallpaper that looks like this? I've been searching for something like this and can't find it in the middle of the thousands of others.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh that isn't a wallpaper, that's just a screen shot from when we were playing with S Voice.

I generally get my ringtones and wallpapers from Zedge, I really like Zedge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance