What is this icon, and and how do I keep it from popping up?

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So this orange chat icon keeps popping up saying I have a new friend request. However when I click on it, it takes me to Go SMS, and and not whatever this app is saying I have the friend request. I thought this might be AT&T Chat On so I disabled that but it's still showing up in any suggestions?
Edit: it won't won't load the pic but it's an orange chat bubble with an exclamation mark in it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
So this orange chat icon keeps popping up saying I have a new friend request. However when I click on it, it takes me to Go SMS, and and not whatever this app is saying I have the friend request. I thought this might be AT&T Chat On so I disabled that but it's still showing up in any suggestions?

Never saw that i my phone. Try restarting the phone, and see if that does it.:confused:

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
You installed an app that uses airpush. There is an app called air blocker for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Never saw that i my phone. Try restarting the phone, and see if that does it.:confused:

It seems like a legitimate friend request but I've never used this app before. Ok got the screen shot loaded. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355077860435.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355077860435.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 132

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If you're on Jelly Bean, tap and hold the notification, then tap app info.

Thanks, that helped me determine that it was in fact Go SMS but now I can't figure out how to respond to this friend request. I'm simply using Go SMS to replace the default SMS app so I was unaware of friend requests via this app.

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Its a text app like go sms but has a little bit of skype. Open it and tell it to stop notification

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's "Go chat"? Maybe someone who is using Go chat is inviting you to use it. If you go into go sms and slide the screen to the left, you will see go chat. If you want to use it, create a profile. If not, go to settings and tap on" running mode", hit normal mode and you won't have go chat anymore, just the regular gosms part. Hopefully this helps.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Well it looks like the problem has been fixed. getting in Go SMS, and clearing some of the options labeled "new" seemed to help a lot. Thanks for the suggestions.

timely

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Makaroni, thanks so much for your post on disabling GoChat from 6 months ago. I searched for quite awhile before finding your message which solved my problem. I all of a sudden was getting friends added with names like "Venus" and "Velvet". Oh, brother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12