Nova or TouchWiz?

Curious what launcher you are using and why

• Total voters

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Used and liked Apex on my GS2 last year. Then after a stock upgrade, it started crashing my device. Switched to the free Nova and really liked it. Plus at the time it was optimized for 4.0 while Apex wasn't. Liked it so much I bought Nova Prime. Love it and will be difficult to convince me to switch to anything else.

leanneleg

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations... After reading this thread I went ahead and downloaded Nova and loved it so much I got the paid version.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
What is it about nova you all like so much?? I used it and I guess I just never fell in love with it like most people seemed to have to. Maybe I'm missing something. I still have it on my photon q.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
For me personally because it's the only one that supports GLOBAL Badge Notification (since SMS, GMail, Calls aren't enough) which is one of the iOS features I've always liked wishing Android supported it natively so all Launchers could take advantage of it.

Here's how--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199709

I"ll have to check that thread out. I actually have no idea what people mean by global notifications lol.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually have no idea what people mean by global notifications lol.

"Badge Notifications" are those little red #'s that appear in iOS on an App's icon itself showing how many Notifications that App has (Screenshots are included in that thread's Tutorial).

By default Nova supports red #'s as well as Android blue #'s but installing Themes can add additional colors affecting the #'s too - something iOS doesn't allow.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
"Badge Notifications" are those little red #'s that appear on an App's icon itself showing how many Notifications that App has (Screenshots are included in that thread's Tutorial).

By default Nova supports red #'s as well as Android blue #'s but installing Themes can add additional colors affecting the #'s too - something iOS doesn't allow.

Yea I read your thread. I may check it out but luckily for me I don't have many times where I have so many notifications I end up getting the little plus sign and having to bring the notifications window down. Although I could say it would increase my ability to respond to important messages as an excuse to spend money ha