CNET awards Galaxy S3 as best new smart phone for 2012 unseating the iPhone

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My husband fits that description. After I got my S3 a few months ago, he was really impressed with it. He has not only gotten bored with his 4S, he is really hating the horrible battery issue with it. His contract is up in March, and he is talking about coming to the Android side.

In that case, I would get him to wait until the GS4 is released in late spring or early summer 2013 in the US.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I have purchased a ton of Apple stuff for my family and they love it all. I have no use for it myself. The last iPhone Apple would condescend to let you print from in any meaningful capacity was a jail-broken 3. Interesting to watch the back and forth among analysts over price slashing and sales figures for the new iPhone 5. AAPL is off 30% in the last few months, so I tend to believe the bears. Time will tell, but I suspect the fickle winds of fashion are blowing another direction.

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
In that case, I would get him to wait until the GS4 is released in late spring or early summer 2013 in the US.

Since his contract isn't up till March, I told him maybe the S4 will be out. He is also looking at the Galaxy Note II. He is anxious to move on from the iPhone. It has has really lost it's luster lately (keeps crashing, and battery life is horrible).

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The Note 3 may be released shortly after the GS4 later in the summer of 2013.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The Note 3 may be released shortly after the GS4 later in the summer of 2013.

In other words the same time it was released this year. Samsung is smart, they have 2 mega hits in the GS3, and Note2. They would be foolish to refresh either of these any sooner than a year.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It still gives some incentive to wait. Why have the predecessor for three or four months when you can have the latest and greatest especially since the poster's upgrade opportunity is in March 2013.?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
GS3 which needs to be updated JB. No stylus.

Note 2 excels at content creation and multi-tasking. Digitized stylus. Larger screen. JB on board.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Since his contract isn't up till March, I told him maybe the S4 will be out. He is also looking at the Galaxy Note II. He is anxious to move on from the iPhone. It has has really lost it's luster lately (keeps crashing, and battery life is horrible).

Which iPhone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Which iPhone?

It's the 4s. He finally called Apple today and they are sending him a new 4s. He was actually 13 days past his warranty (which he didn't realize), and they let it slide for him and wavered the fee. Kudo's to Apple for doing that (which they didn't have to do). So he's pretty happy right now. The only thing that may keep him from switching to Android is that he has over 7000 apps (maybe around 100 of those were actually mine). There is quite a few that he really likes that Android does not have (well, yet anyway). But he will be looking at the Android apps between now and March, to see what is out there. I still have hope for him. lol ;)

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It's the 4s. He finally called Apple today and they are sending him a new 4s. He was actually 13 days past his warranty (which he didn't realize), and they let it slide for him and wavered the fee. Kudo's to Apple for doing that (which they didn't have to do). So he's pretty happy right now. The only thing that may keep him from switching to Android is that he has over 7000 apps (maybe around 100 of those were actually mine). There is quite a few that he really likes that Android does not have (well, yet anyway). But he will be looking at the Android apps between now and March, to see what is out there. I still have hope for him. lol ;)

Seriously? Why would anyone need that many?

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
7,000 apps?? What for?

Thats what I'm wondering!! For the amount of apps that both Android and Apple have only a fraction of them are any good...but 7k?!?! Seriously?!?! Most of my wife's and mine are business apps for our business which Android has plenty of quality ones.

In other news the US Patent Board stuck down two of Apples biggest patents over touch screens and gestures calling then "frivolous" and "not original" (Forbes). Of course Apple can appeal and probably will but in the meantime all is right in the world.

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Believe me, I was surprised to say the least he had that many apps. A lot were free, but he has been getting apps for iphone since it has been out. That also include his iPad apps. Lots of them he hasn't used in years. He has a lot of music, games and photo plus silly stuff. I remember someone on a apple forum who claimed to have over 10,000 a couple of years ago. I was like "what!?". Now I'm saying the same thing to my husband: "What?!"

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Believe me, I was surprised to say the least he had that many apps. A lot were free, but he has been getting apps for iphone since it has been out. That also include his iPad apps. Lots of them he hasn't used in years. He has a lot of music, games and photo plus silly stuff. I remember someone on a apple forum who claimed to have over 10,000 a couple of years ago. I was like "what!?". Now I'm saying the same thing to my husband: "What?!"

Well you can tell him I had an iPhone 3G which I had to exchange FIVE times when Apple bungled the OS update and made iOS 4 available to iP3G owners, which basically turned the phone into a brick and caused the battery to drain . They exchanged my phone well into the second year without a warranty and ended up giving me a new one at the end. That's the ONLY benefit in being able to go to the Apple store. The 'geniuses' aren't what I'd call genius though, LOL. I love my GS3 though there's no such thing as perfect. That said, am sure he'll be much happier and he obviously can't possibly be using 7000 apps on a regular basis.. He DOES have to sleep, eat and work doesn't he? :)

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Well you can tell him I had an iPhone 3G which I had to exchange FIVE times when Apple bungled the OS update and made iOS 4 available to iP3G owners, which basically turned the phone into a brick and caused the battery to drain . They exchanged my phone well into the second year without a warranty and ended up giving me a new one at the end. That's the ONLY benefit in being able to go to the Apple store. The 'geniuses' aren't what I'd call genius though, LOL. I love my GS3 though there's no such thing as perfect. That said, am sure he'll be much happier and he obviously can't possibly be using 7000 apps on a regular basis.. He DOES have to sleep, eat and work doesn't he? :)

LOL. Yes, he does function as a normal human being (coming out of his apple coma that is!). He told me he didn't realize he had that many till he happened to look at the total number at the itunes store. He would usually get an app and use it a few times, realize it was crap and move on. Remember, you can't try an app out and return it to Apple like you can with Android.

This is the first time that he had to exchange an iphone, and he had 4 or 5 versions (I also never had trouble with any of mine). I have heard of stories like yours on the apple forums. Five exchanges is absolutely ridiculous! What a nightmare.

Last edited:

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had to exchange my 4 twice and that was a nightmare even in warranty.

He can always sync his tunes with Kies or Double twist.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, just wondering, but how good is the quality of the screen of the GS3?
A lot of my friends have the iPhone 4 and its screen absolutely mesmerizes me with its beauty and depth.
Is the GS3 like that too with 720p??

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2