CNET awards Galaxy S3 as best new smart phone for 2012 unseating the iPhone

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Got the S3 and the N7 over Thanksgiving week. CNET validates my own personal findings. If only my US AT&T S3 had an FM tuner and Google Wallet, it would be perfect. I would trade my LTE for both in a second, especially since I have no LTE in my area and AT&T's beardgrowing software update pace is only outdone by its glacial network upgrade pace.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
More and more people are waking up from their Apple-induced comas.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think it's about time. There were too many people buying into the "it costs more so it is better" lie. Had an Apple user the other day say "oh that is an expensive phone, I might look into that one" but it had nothing to do with the actual phone or software.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
They are also buying into having a device packaged so that they don't have to think for themselves and believing that it is the next great thing.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
They are also buying into having a device packaged so that they don't have to think for themselves and believing that it is the next great thing.

Some ppl prefer that. Kinda like auto vs manual. Some ppl prefer the ease of the auto over the benefits of a manual

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am one of those people that love the iphone, its simple and easy to use. Its no bells and whistles, I love it. I also love android and the fact that its so customizable. There are good and bad about both but right now, I love Android a little bit more.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree. It is all about personal preference which some regard as heresy. It is always easier to blindly follow than think for yourself. Coming from RIM, I chose Android over Apple because I did not not perceive any innovation from Apple and I like to choose for myself what works best for me. Android seems much more responsive and focused on trying to innovate and provide choice to their customers.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Honestly it wasn't in my opinion until the Galaxy Nexus, and ICS that I started looking at Android differently. Most of the iPhones have simply been better than the Android competition in every way. It wasn't until the 4S that some people started getting bored with the same design. And it wasn't until the announcement of the iPhone 5 that many fence sitters finally switched. It's funny how people in the Android community people like to call iPhone users delusional. Android only became a viable platform at ICS. Before that in my opinion it was simply laughable. /rant

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Honestly it wasn't in my opinion until the Galaxy Nexus, and ICS that I started looking at Android differently. Most of the iPhones have simply been better than the Android competition in every way. It wasn't until the 4S that some people started getting bored with the same design. And it wasn't until the announcement of the iPhone 5 that many fence sitters finally switched. It's funny how people in the Android community people like to call iPhone users delusional. Android only became a viable platform at ICS. Before that in my opinion it was simply laughable. /rant

I agree with you in the sense that iOS was clearly the most stable, hassle-free operating system in comparison to AndroidOS 2.x, but if I had to go back and choose between a free iPhone anything and my old HTC Inspire running Gingerbread 2.3.5, I would reactivate my Inspire. I have used my mother-in-law's iphone3 and my friend's iPhone4S and I know from my own personal taste that the restrictions on those devices would drive me crazy. I would rather deal with the occasional freeze than be painted into Apples little boxes.

Perhaps a jailbroken iPhone would be a whole different experience, that would something I would be willing to try.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I think Android has matured very nicely and now that my GS3 rocks Jelly Bean with Google Now, I'm sold. After owning an iP3G for over 4 years, the gorgeous large screen, fast processor, tons of free apps, customizing ability and SwiftKey 3 all add up to a device that's far superior to the iPhone. Watching videos or web pages on a nearly 5" screen compared to a 4" screen just isn't a comparison, and I have to think Cnet's panel felt similarly. In the end, it's personal preference and I will say that iOS is an easy to use OS. But like most, I want choices and value and you don't get that with Apple. I had to exchange my iPhone FIVE times until I got one where the battery would last more than a few months.. Nothing's perfect but I feel the GS3 is superior and Cnet seems to agree :)

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I also agree with this. I tried GB and HC and saw the potential but thought it wasn't quite there. Now ICS has really matured and blown away early android editions. Some early adopters I know switched to apple before ICS, I'm waiting to see if they switch back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I also agree with this. I tried GB and HC and saw the potential but thought it wasn't quite there. Now ICS has really matured and blown away early android editions. Some early adopters I know switched to apple before ICS, I'm waiting to see if they switch back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
I remember originally switching from a T-Mobile sidekick to the first iPhone, and being blown away like most of us. However when Android started maturing I just wasn't all that impressed. App selection was poor, and the phones were really buggy. As a Galaxy SIII user, even the S2 didn't impress me all that much. However when the S3 was announced in May, and accurate leaks of the iPhone5 were also released, I knew this was the phone I would be getting. With fairly rapid OS upgrades, and *GASP* even some Touch Wiz elements. I think Samsung with the S3 has the best Android device out right now.

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
More and more people are waking up from their Apple-induced comas.

My husband fits that description. After I got my S3 a few months ago, he was really impressed with it. He has not only gotten bored with his 4S, he is really hating the horrible battery issue with it. His contract is up in March, and he is talking about coming to the Android side.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I left Windows Phone for the same reason many have jumped the Apple ship. No ability to do anything outside the Windows or Apple box. While I think the Windows OS was much more smooth and stable it was also boring as hell. I called it the jitterbug of smartphones. Great starter smartphone, that's it

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My sister had an iphone when I had a T-Mobile Dash and I was thinking about the iphone, but went to the T-Mobile MyTouch and have been Android since then and always very happy with that. I knew with Google it wouldn't be long before Android not only caught up, but passed iphone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox