Launchers

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok I know everyone has their preference for launchers and I use GO.

My question is this, I know they all have pros and cons, quarks, tweaks etc but nowhere can I find a definitive list to compare each launcher.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've tried GO, Apex, ADW, Nova, of course TW. RIght now overall favorite is Nova prime, works terrific. But over last 3 days I'm giving the new Action Launcher a try. Thus far it works well but definitely could stand some more features added and hopefully themes will be coming soon.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Nova Prime for me,

tried Go, No Go for me

May give Apex a Go soon to test it out when I get bored with Nova

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. I've yet to get bored with TW. It's only been two months, but I guess I just don't get what the big draw is? with all the market launchers. And I've yet to see a screenshot?and I think I've seen screenshots of most of them?that looks more appealing than TouchWiz, to me. All the other launchers that I've seen so far... typically just look too ho-hum, too blah, or too busy. :confused: But I guess that's just me talkin'.:)

. . and I guess I'll have to start gettin' with the times . . and start trying some other launchers! ;)

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Nova is also the only Launcher with global Badge Notifications (not only SMS, GMail & Calls) so for me that makes it my favorite. I also own Apex, ADW & Launcher 7 but always go back to Nova...hooked on Badge Notifications!

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
More flexibility to change things with a launcher. More widgets and themes and you can get rid of the Google search bar if you want to

Hmmm. I've yet to get bored with TW. It's only been two months, but I guess I just don't get what the big draw is? with all the market launchers. And I've yet to see a screenshot?and I think I've seen screenshots of most of them?that looks more appealing than TouchWiz, to me. All the other launchers that I've seen so far... typically just look too ho-hum, too blah, or too busy. :confused: But I guess that's just me talkin'.:)

. . and I guess I'll have to start gettin' with the times . . and start trying some other launchers! ;)

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
More flexibility to change things with a launcher. More widgets and themes and you can get rid of the Google search bar if you want to
Thanks rong21. ;) Hey! we're both 21's! Did you notice that? :)

So, not just themes, but also widgets and other stuff, so e.g.? when I upgraded from my GSII Skyrocket to the GS3 . . and was thenceforth disappointed to not find the same applications & widgets (even though they were both on the same ICS 4.0.4 builds), including no: 'Power-Saving Toolbar' widget, and 'Application Monitor' widget, etc., on the GS3 . . . I could have loaded one of the Market launchers and possibly found widgets similar to what I was missing and looking for? Plus cooler themes, huh? :cool:

Thanks again. ;) Maybe I'll check some out tomorrow. Um, from one 21, to another . . what are your fav launchers?

twitch808

Apr 16, 2011
profiles.google.com
Some widgets are built specifically for the manufacturers UI. I figured that out the hard way back when I switched to ADW EX on my EVO. More often than not, you will be able to find a comparable widget on the market, but you can't make HTC sense, TW, Blur etc. do anything more than they're made to do. That's where the big advantage to custom launchers come in.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
From the Nova Launcher list it appears to do much of the same as Go Launcher, I'll have to look on YouTube for deeper answers. Many say Go slows down their phone, I haven't noticed this.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I picked 21 at random.............rong already existed. Nova is my favorite

Thanks rong21. ;) Hey! we're both 21's! Did you notice that? :)

So, not just themes, but also widgets and other stuff, so e.g.? when I upgdraded from my GSII Skyrocket to the GS3 . . and was thenceforth disappointed to not find the same applications & widgets (even though they were both on the same ICS 4.0.4 builds), including no: 'Power-Saving Toolbar' widget, and 'Application Monitor' widget, etc., on the GS3 . . . I could have loaded one of the Market launchers and possibly found widgets similar to what I was missing and looking for? Plus cooler themes, huh? :cool:

Thanks again. ;) Maybe I'll check some out tomorrow. Um, from one 21, to another . . what are your fav launchers?

mlett

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the Nova Prime group too.

When I got my S3, Apex and Nova were going back and forth in updating so tried both and they are very similar. I decided I liked Nova slightly better so I bought the Prime and stuck with it. TouchWiz didn't have enough customization for me. Especially with such a big screen, it seems like so much space was wasted. So I got a launcher after just a day of TW.

I'm interested in Action Launcher since I really like Tweetlanes, but not sure if I would like it as my daily launcher.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12