Email dims when opened

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Back again ladies & gents.

So, GS3 with Jelly Bean, noticed an issue (not sure if it was there on ICS).

Whenever I open the email app, not only does the screen dim, but it seems the entire color scheme of the display shifts. This happens whether on auto brightness or adjusting it manually. I noticed there is a setting called "adjust display tone." Regardless if that is enabled, this issue persists. Also, the screen only changes while viewing the Inbox. If I move into the email settings, the display flickers back to a brighter, warmer tone.

Any ideas?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Back again ladies & gents.

So, GS3 with Jelly Bean, noticed an issue (not sure if it was there on ICS).

Whenever I open the email app, not only does the screen dim, but it seems the entire color scheme of the display shifts. This happens whether on auto brightness or adjusting it manually. I noticed there is a setting called "adjust display tone." Regardless if that is enabled, this issue persists. Also, the screen only changes while viewing the Inbox. If I move into the email settings, the display flickers back to a brighter, warmer tone.

Any ideas?

pull down your notification window and shut off the Power saving toggle

sgarrand

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
To be even more specific; if you want to still save battery but not have the dimming of e-mail, uncheck the "Background color" option in Power saving mode options within Settings.

Scott