Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy s 2

marg25

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I am wanting to buy a Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy s 2. Would it be the best to buy the one from Walmart that is for Straight Talk or buy a ATT Samsung Galaxy s 2 and get a sim card? I don't know much about phones, I have a LG 840 tracfone now. Will I have alot of problems if I buy one I have to use with a sim card? Thanks in advance

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am wanting to buy a Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy s 2. Would it be the best to buy the one from Walmart that is for Straight Talk or buy a ATT Samsung Galaxy s 2 and get a sim card? I don't know much about phones, I have a LG 840 tracfone now. Will I have alot of problems if I buy one I have to use with a sim card? Thanks in advance

If you buy the one from Walmart it will more than likely be a CDMA version of the phone on Sprint. Stay away from their 3G network. If I was you I'd buy an att one and stick a SIM card in it. Att's network is better coverage over all for MOST people. Just something to keep in mind.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I worked in a walmart wireless store for a few years during college, and like cgardner said the straight talk branded android phone will probably run on sprints network. During the time I worked there I had to process more returns then I can count of straight talk android phone because they run off sprint towers and where I live sprint has very poor coverage. Some straight talk phones use ATT towers, some use verizon, and some use sprint. Not sure if this has changed but when I worked there you could tell which towers each phone used by looking at the box, and it was written in one of the corners can't remember which but look for these words. If it says "GSM" then it's probably AT&T (Don't think any use tmobile), "CDMA" means verizon, and "CDMA-S" means sprint.

As for using a galaxy s II you get from AT&T on straight talk I'm not sure. I would think since it has a sim lock it wouldn't accept a straight talk sim, but I could be wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc