Wifi turning off when in sleep mode

Captain Jackson

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Whenever my phone goes into sleep mode, the wifi turns off. I went to advanced options to turn it off and I dialed in the number to turn off power save but neither worked. Please help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ChumpChange

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Menu - Settings - Wi-Fi - Menu - Advanced - Keep Wi-Fi On During Sleep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Falls PC

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
That was kind of hidden. Some battery saver app changed that then when I uninstalled the app, the settings didn't go back.
Thank you for your help

rcali001

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Menu - Settings - Wi-Fi - Menu - Advanced - Keep Wi-Fi On During Sleep

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully this will help with the battery drain as well. I remember seeing this menu but didn't remember how to find it. Thanks again!

Tapatalk on Galaxy SIII Rooted

Babak Lahidjan

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Hopefully this will help with the battery drain as well. I remember seeing this menu but didn't remember how to find it. Thanks again!

Tapatalk on Galaxy SIII Rooted

Hi guys.
My settings are set to WiFi always on even when in sleep yet my WiFi switches off as soon it goes into sleep.
Its killing my cellular data cause I always forget it reverts back to WiFi from 4G.
Help please.....

Matt Edlund

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't work. Doesn't appear to actually do anything in fact. Maybe keeps it on when the screen is locked for a few seconds, but it most certainly doesn't remain on while in sleep. The phone will not connect to wifi until it is woken up from sleep and it takes quite a long time to do so. This is extremely frustrating for those of us in countries without unlimited data.