Help with galaxy s3 not playing videos emailed to me

abi stroodle

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
hi, I have just recently gou the galaxy S3 cover years and years of having iPhone's and it's a fab phone and generally I am now able to use it,
the only issue I am having with it is when my partner sent me some emails the other day containing mostly pics but also a few videos, I was able to
successfully transfer the pics into my phone no problem but when I clicked on the ones with the video attachments it says it's unable to display it, the final will allow me to save the video file but even when it's in my phone it still won't open the file.
it was sent from an I phone 5 so I thought it would be simple to
play in my phone but it just says the same message of unable to open file.

if anyone knows how to solve this problem I'd really appreciate it.

thanks in advance :)

beetlefreak

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Evening, and congrats on your new Android phone!

I believe iPhone videos are in a format that Android does not recognize without an additional application, so you can install a video player from the Google Play Store that should allow you to play .mov files and almost anything else.

I normally use MX Player, and you can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad

Once you install it, you should be able to play the videos, if not, it may be a different problem.

Happy New Year!