Jellybean Calendar issue: Deleting specific event within recurring events created

Evan Silverstein

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I didn't see this issue posted anywhere so I'm hoping there is an easy fix that I just can't figure out:

If I use the stock calendar for my Galaxy S3 and create recurring event (Ex. Biology class every Wedensday until the end of the semester) and go want to modify or even delete a specific event within the series just created (Ex. 2/1/13 class is cancelled so I want to delete it or 3/1/13 class is an Exam date so I want to change the description for that specific event) I cannot do so. When trying to modify a specific event within a series created, the only options that show up (once Edit or Delete has been selected) are:

This & future events
All repetitive events

Before the update to JellyBean, ICS had a third options stating "Only this event" which allowed me to delete/modify that specific event on that day. Now, with JellyBean, I don't seem to be able to do this.

It is driving me crazy trying to put in my semester schedule so I was hoping to get some insight from the people on this forum.

Let me know if any of this doesn't make sense or if someone has a solution to this.

Evan

Evan Silverstein

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Just to add to this, my friend has a Galaxy S3, but through Verizon, and when he actually has three options when trying to delete an event from a series:

Only this event
This & future events
All repetitive events

I find it very odd that AT&T would screw with the stock Samsung calendar so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it.

Mary Sposi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem with my galaxy s3 on verizon ever since verizon automatically updated the software on my phone last week. it drives me crazy also and i'd love to hear a solution!!

Evan Silverstein

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I found the solution to this on my own (Samsung had never heard of this and was no help). If you pull up the Calendar app, push the menu button and click on "Sync." Once you do that (after about 10 seconds or so) you'll have the option to edit/delete "only this event."

I'm not sure why this was needed or why this fixed the problem but it was an instantaneous fix for me.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I found the solution to this on my own (Samsung had never heard of this and was no help). If you pull up the Calendar app, push the menu button and click on "Sync." Once you do that (after about 10 seconds or so) you'll have the option to edit/delete "only this event."

I'm not sure why this was needed or why this fixed the problem but it was an instantaneous fix for me.
I have AT&T and have two repetitive events. When I click on the one for tomorrow and then my menu button and then "edit" I get a popup that says "only this event" and "all repetitive events" and I have to click on one of those options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463