Made the switch

bronsonelliott

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, today was the day. I switched from the iPhone to android. I bought the Galaxy S3.

So far everything has been pretty good although I am suffering from the "iMessage issue" in that I'm not getting all of my texts from iPhone users. I'm receiving them from my wife who has an iPhone 4 but not receiving them from a coworker who has an iPhone 4s.

I disabled imessage on the old phone and even reset the phone and wiped it clean as mentioned elsewhere in the forums. Hopefully that does it. Not sure what else to do if it doesn't. Anyone have any other suggestions?

--
Bronson

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'll be interested to hear your honest opinions after a week or so as to your pros and cons. What do you miss (if anything)? What is better? The only time I encounter an iPhone is when my coworker or my Mother-in-Law have a question about their phones.

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I made the same switch about 3 weeks ago. I could not be happier with my decision, the only things that I really miss about my iphone is emojis which is a non issue but I still liked them and iMessage, I liked beingbable to see when others were typing back to me.
Only one complaint and that is battery life. My wife's iPhone 5's battery kills the one in my s3. Other than that I love my phone and all of it's capabilities.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I made the switch from a 3 yr old iPhone 3G to an S3 about 10 days ago. So far, I really like the S3, except I'm battling some rapid battery drain when I'm at home. I don't have that problem when I'm at work. Maybe I'm closer to an LTE tower at work. I'm turning the data off at home and using my wifi to see if that makes any difference. I don't use much data at home, preferring to use my desktop for web surfing, video streaming, etc.

The iPhone 3G, even 3 yrs old, was still holding a charge very nicely. It may be the 4G LTE radio sucking power. However, it was so damn slow surfing the internet, and opening up some apps. I was using some free texting apps with MMS capability. It took forever. The S3 is so much faster.

Got my wife an iPhone 4 a couple months ago for $1 on AT&T, her first smartphone. A minor detail that I like on her phone is that she can access her camera from the lock screen without logging in. There may be a way to do it on the S3, but I don't know how to do it. I've tried adding those gestures where you hold the camera icon and turning the phone 90 so that it's in landscape mode, but I still have to log in.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Have the camera be one of the icons on the lock screen. Then all you have to do is swipe the camera icon from the lock screen & start taking photos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

bigstormgirl

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, today was the day. I switched from the iPhone to android. I bought the Galaxy S3.

So far everything has been pretty good although I am suffering from the "iMessage issue" in that I'm not getting all of my texts from iPhone users. I'm receiving them from my wife who has an iPhone 4 but not receiving them from a coworker who has an iPhone 4s.

I disabled imessage on the old phone and even reset the phone and wiped it clean as mentioned elsewhere in the forums. Hopefully that does it. Not sure what else to do if it doesn't. Anyone have any other suggestions?

--
Bronson

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Check to see if your coworker's iMessage is on or off on their iPhone4s. I wasn't getting texts from my husbands 4s due to iMessage being turned on. When he turned it off the problem was solved.

CyclingVinnie

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I made the same switch about a week ago also. I I was just "bored" with the iPhone, I had every iPhone from the start to the 5. I jail broke them all to get a custom touch to it. I am pretty impressed with how easy it is to customize the SG3

There is definitely a learning curve that's for sure. Overall it is a cool phone.

I might venture into the custom ROM world one day but I am glad I can do things without the apple police watching

------
Not sent from an iPhone

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Have the camera be one of the icons on the lock screen. Then all you have to do is swipe the camera icon from the lock screen & start taking photos.

When I swipe the camera icon, I get the screen to enter my PIN. On Settings - Lock Screen - Camera Access,Ihave it set to on.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay. I suspect if you're using a PIN, that'll come up first. I'm going the lazy route of not using a PIN, so when I swipe any of the lock screen icons, the phone goes straight to the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1