Power button location

Viva Terlingua

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm an iPhone 4 user and upgraded to the iPhone 5 when it came out. I returned it because of problems with the wifi. I went to the AT&T store tonight to look at the Note 2 and S3. The Note 2 was just too big for me. However, I liked the S3 a lot. But the location of the power button kept me from pulling the trigger and switching to the S3. I kept hitting it with my thumb while holding the phone and turning the phone off. Does nobody else have this issue? By the way, I had the same problem with the Note 2 as well.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
nope, never had the problem. Guess that's because I have never had an iPhone with that button up top and am use to it on the side.

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
You get used to it in a matter of days. Make the switch, I did and couldn't be more pleased.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I love the location of the power button. Don't let the power button location turn you away from a great phone

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind the location of power button on its own, but it was just bad design to put it on the opposite side directly across from the volume rocker. I have gotten used to it, but I still occasionally press one when I mean to press the other.

wannakatana

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Stupid design. I thought I wanted the S3 but now after having the Nexus, i don't. I had an HTC Rezound and it worked fantastic, speakers were much better and louder and camera was better. The speakers on this thing are pathetic.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
1. I don't really like the location or the power button, nor the fact that power and volume are directly opposite each other.
2. My prior phone had the volume buttons where the power button on the S3 is, so at first I did turn the screen off inadvertently. I did get used to it, though.
3. A bigger problem for me was turning the phone on by accident. I've added a thin TPU case, which doesn't add much bulk but makes the volume and power buttons just enough harder to push that it's no longer a problem at all.